Menu
jimbean
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

pleae solve this for me

can any one solve this for me im trying to set a toshiba tv up in a bed room 4 yards away from my router the tv tv is showing the wireless signal which says is great on the vm connect app only trouble is after i have put my virgin media password in it just shuts the tv down and i have to go through the whole process again 

0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: pleae solve this for me

@jimbean wrote:

can any one solve this for me im trying to set a toshiba tv up in a bed room 4 yards away from my router the tv tv is showing the wireless signal which says is great on the vm connect app only trouble is after i have put my virgin media password in it just shuts the tv down and i have to go through the whole process again 

Are you using the right password?  The one for the Wi-Fi - not for 'Virgin Media' ?

Strange that it's causing the TV to shut down regardless.   Can you run a cable instead?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
jimbean
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

first thx for your reply yes im using the right password the one thats on the hub it contains 12 in total some upper case some lower

case i cant wire it up thats why im trying to do it wireless my phones and ipads pick the signal up no problem its just the tv every time i put the wi fi password in and press ok it just shuts the tv off im stumped with it 

0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What model TV?

can you run a cable temporarily across room to test with Ethernet connection?

Try changing WiFi security settings and even turn off temporarily to try

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
jimbean
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

its a toshiba 24 inch tv model no 24w3863DB could i get a ethernet cable 4 yards long
thx for the reply gOake
0 Kudos