hub 5

wyre
Superfast

Is the hub 5 still just on trial  if it is  not can i swap my hub 4 please 

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, not been generally released yet. Why would you want one, latest, greatest, biggest is not always best.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Just  asking  that's  all and sometime soon  i  getting  something   that  works on ivp6 Just wondering  if  it would still  work on the  hub4 which  is ivp4.only.as far as  I understand 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@wyre wrote:

Just  asking  that's  all and sometime soon  i  getting  something   that  works on ivp6 Just wondering  if  it would still  work on the  hub4 which  is ivp4.only.as far as  I understand 

VM UK do not use IPv6 as yet.   If you really need IPv6, forget VM and go for an Openreach based supplier, or try a tunnelled IPv6 from Hurricane Electric etc.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The hub5 works with WiFi 6 not IP V6, totally different beasts.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

@Adduxi wrote:

@wyre wrote:

VM UK do not use IPv6 as yet.   If you really need IPv6, forget VM and go for an Openreach based supplier, or try a tunnelled IPv6 from Hurricane Electric etc.

If you do use a tunnel then make sure you are on a Hub 4 as the Hub 3 has terrible issues and will throttle you to <20mbps.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/09/quick-update-for-virgin-media-speed-issues-on-ipv6-tun... 

I do not know if they ever released a fix for this, I moved to 1gbps just to get a Hub 4 to get round this problem, thankfully it did fix the issue and I have ipv6 at line speed.

Can you confirm if you get the full 1gbps speeds using the HE tunnel? I tried it on the hub 4 and got around 300mbps max, Going to test the hub 5 tonight.

It's annoying if the speed cap is still there as it's guaranteed virgin are doing there classic 'we don't throttle but prioritise' whatever that means...

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do NOT duplicate posts or coat-tail on a post from March.

Tudor

Hi fayz, thanks for the message. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the broadband and this is not the experience which we want you to have with us. 

Can you confirm how it went with the hub 5 and if things have now improved. 

Kind regards, Chris.