cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 5 wifi printer issues

thegspotuk
Tuning in

i have a hub 5 and every since getting it i cannot connect my old epson wireless printer it will not connect due to the encryption key as it looks like it will not support the new protocol

It always did connect to a hub3 using wpa2 but not hub 5 always fails to connect and get an ip address. Could be due to the length of the pass key as not changed it yet

anyone else having this issue

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try setting the wifi to a lower legacy setting

Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless signal
In the Wireless frequency 2.4GHz select Wireless mode > 802.11b/g/n/ax mixed
Select Apply changes

If you can't get it working, request a Hub 4 instead.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi thegspotuk

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing some issues when attempting to connect your wireless printer to the Hub 5. 

Have you been able to follow the suggestion by Adduxi? If so, has this worked for you?

Let us know if you require any assistance moving forward 🙂 

Thanks 

Nat

This worked for me using a Pixma TS3400 printer.  

Using Hub 5

buns
Tuning in

I too have the same issue after upgrading to a V5 Hub 😖

From reading various topics on this forum, it would seem this is a generic fault and applies to multiple printer makes.

Rather than jump through all the hoops suggested (and I can assure you I have repeatedly - thanks BTW) are there any recommendations for printers that will work with a V5 Hub straight out of the box before I spend hard earned cash replacing my relatively new HP printer?

Many Thanks