Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hi folks please what is up with your internet broadband in the Croydon area.

hi folks please what is up with your internet broadband in the Croydon area. just keeps dropping out been doing it all week??

what keeps happening at random times it just seem to reset it self or it looks like it. the lights on the modem flash and do the sequence like its just been reset or turned on

doing it about 10 times a day

i beleve it's happening to my neighbours too

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: hi folks please what is up with your internet broadband in the Croydon area.

As well as the “check service,” weblink at the top of this forum board, there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info. If nothing shows there call it in and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible get a fault reference number.

You could also set up a free “BQM” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of all your network disconnections, useful data to have in discussions with VM.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: hi folks please what is up with your internet broadband in the Croydon area.

Hello gazzacroy,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Sorry this post hasn't been answered sooner, and that you've been having issues with your broadband service

Have you managed to get this resolved or had an area fault advised to you? Is this fault still on going?

Drop us a response and either I, or one of my colleagues will be happy to pick it up for you

Kindest regards, David_Bn

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

no. i was serposed to be fixed last night and it's been fine all day until around 4ish and now back to resetting it's self every 5-30 mins my neighbour has also sent a report and ringing them but still not joy. the whole street is having problems but no ones has seemed to have sorted it been doing it for weeks now and we are fed up with it. the routers are fine and don't need any more silly self help rubbish. and i not phoning them any more, 3 time yesterday i phone them was on the phone for nearly 30 mins put on hold then cut off so i rang again and the same thing happen then on the third time i was told to reset it 😕 and it just got worse from there on..???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Apologies gazzacroy, the fault is still ongoing in your area which is why you're still experiencing issues.

The fault reference is F007385759 and the estimated fix time is 12th September 19:00.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Melissa 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thank you for replying and sorry I've only just seen this message. all seems to be ok now thank you, i haven't had any probs now for a few days so looks like it been sorted.. 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thank you for your time 🙂

0 Kudos