Menu
Kingaen22
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

exemption from paying bills

I was supposed to have three months from paying the bills after two months they turned off the internet why?

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: exemption from paying bills

I would hazard a guess you were promised three months free if you joined VM?

In which case, the contract put on system probably didn't have those three months free included, so the system has declared you in arrears, and you've been disconnected for non-payment.  Worse than that, this will probably have been treated as a default under a credit agreement, and your credit history is now marked down, for all future ISPs, mobile phone companies, energy and water suppliers, credit card companies, lenders, car finance providers, even future employers....and unless this can be sorted, it will be visible for the next six years.  I would strongly suggest you check your credit history data - it's free, don't pay anybody for that.

I will mark your post for forum staff to advise, so that you can discuss (via private message) the details.  If you were told (by voice, chat, email or written materials that you had three free months, then your legal rights are crystal clear - information provided by a company verbally or written is binding if the consumer relies upon it when entering a contract (Consumer Rights Act 2015), so VM have to honour whatever was promised, whether they like it or not.  And, more importantly, if this is the company's error, you need to get them to correct all credit history entries (and after that you check that they have done so).

Hopefully the forum staff can get this sorted to your complete satisfaction, if they can't then I can suggest how to take things further, but those other options will be much slower, so better to consider them after the staff have had a look.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kingaen22
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have already switched to an open-ended contract, my bills are very large and I asked for help with paying, I found a three-month vacation option until my financial situation improved.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kingaen22,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your bills looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I have already taken the time to look through your services, but I am afraid there is nothing on your services to reflect what you mentioned about a financial holiday for three months.

Do you have any evidence to show this conversation happened and was agreed? Possibly an email or screenshots of a conversation over messenger?

As it stands without this important information, the bills do stand as valid I'm afraid and your services have been restricted due to the bills being left unpaid 😞 

I understand financial situations can become incredibly stressful and I would like to help as much as possible even if you do not have any evidence to show that this financial holiday was agreed. The best course of action would be to create a complaint (I can do this for you) and also contact the collections team to chat about setting up a payment plan if the bills are too high.

Please let me know so I can try to help further.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos