Joining in

Where do I get a booster from?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@seanalty wrote:

Ummm because I have weak signal outdoors and there is buffering sometimes 

OK.

Do you qualify for the free Wifi pods?

If not you’re better off getting your own better router or mesh system.

Boosters do very little. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

The TP-Link Deco range are quite a good low price mesh system

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Why do you need a booster? Are you eligible for free Pods from Virgin Media?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

@seanalty wrote:

OK.

Do you qualify for the free Wifi pods?

If not you’re better off getting your own better router or mesh system.

Boosters do very little. 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ummm.

You have to help yourself by providing sufficient information for others to help you.

You might know, in your mind, what you mean by a booster but there are different kinds for different situations.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The TP-Link Deco range are quite a good low price mesh system

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi seanalty, thanks for your post. 

We don't offer the boosters any more, we do WiFi pods instead but as mentioned above you need to be eligible for them. I understand there has been some issues with stock as well which means there might be a wait for them.

You can either speak with our faults teams on 150/ 0345 454 1111 - or get back to me via PM and we'll see what can be done.

Tom

@Ernie_C wrote:

Ummm.

You have to help yourself by providing sufficient information for others to help you.

You might know, in your mind, what you mean by a booster but there are different kinds for different situations.

I believe Mothercare sell boosters. 😉

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

weak signal outdoors” be careful, it depends how far ‘outside’ you need the WiFi signal. Most internal WiFi ‘senders’ whatever type will not reach very far outside, due to the building blocking a large amount of the signal and also a lot of glass contains metal that can block the WiFi signal. The real solution is an external Wireless Access Point cabled back to your VM hub.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2