Menu
hoggs
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Years worth of network monitoring...seems low to me for a M200, thoughts?

Ive been monitoring my network speed for a few years now and for the past year it seems to me that Im not getting the speeds Ive paid for....VM advertise for a M200 link an average speed of 213Mbps, looks like Im not getting that.

My setup is:-

Superhub 2
Monitoring using ethernet (not wifi).

What are others getting on this package?

domoticz_DL_day.jpgdomoticz_DL_month.jpgdomoticz_DL_year.jpgdomoticz_ping_day.jpgdomoticz_ping_month.jpgdomoticz_ping_year.jpgSuper Hub_2.jpgSuper Hub _DL.jpgSuper Hub _Up.jpgSuper Hub _Up_burst.jpgSuper Hub_4.jpgSuper Hub_5.jpg

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Years worth of network monitoring...seems low to me for a M200, thoughts?

Something not right there. Thats an eye watering number of RS errors. The sh2 (I have one) always a has a few due to the way it connects - but not that many. Have you tried the reset counter buttons - what happened?
T3 timeouts are bad new at that frequency. It suggests a connectivity issue. Would be useful to start from a blank sheet - can you do this...

First switch the Hub off for 5 minutes AND unplug it from the mains. Whilst it's off, do a quick check that all of your coax cable connections are in nice and "finger" tight - at the Hub and wall box and also at any connectors etc. Ensure there are no “unterminated cable loose ends. Disconnect all the connections and reconnect to be sure. Also check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing, check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box. Then switch it on again and leave 5 minutes

Then Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 10’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

Post up the same data again after that

Also, in the meantime... If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts, latency issues, packet drops, etc - its easier for us on here to interpret than what you posted.

It will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
hoggs
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Carried out what was suggested. No better off.

Here is an update to the Downtime stream stats (about 16 hrs worth of data since reboot and reset of error counters).

2021-02-15 12_56_19-Super Hub _ GUI – Mozilla Firefox.jpg

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Post the link to the BQM "share live graph"

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
hoggs
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos