cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worried I've accidentally cancelled Neighbours internet.

Miko134
Tuning in

I'm moving into a new flat Monday. My landlord reccomended Virgin for internet, as that's what the agency nearby and all of their properties on the street have. So I arranged online for Virgin to be installed. They sent me a confirmation, date, and all looked great.

Yesterday I tried to phone to arrange it to be installed on the afternoon rather than the morning. And after over an hour of waiting on the phone, I was told that they were never actually coming at all, because my area could not be serviced with Virgin.E ven though I had a confirmation and date and all of the other flats had Virgin, including the one above. I argued this and they said they realised the problem.

They asked if my flat was Flat A and I said I didn't think so, it was no where in the address, but it is ground floor. They said if it was Flat A, it already had Virgin installed which is why it was coming up on their system that it wasn't possible. They were looking into cancelling the current one and adding mine instead.

I spoke to my landlord this morning, and my flat is NOT Flat A, that is the one above. I can't get through to anyone at Virgin, and I'm working today so can't be on phone long. Now I'm really worried that they're going to cancel my neighbours Virgin. Is that possible? What will happen?

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Miko134 

When you get the chance have a chat with the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Check the postcode finder to find your address.

https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode 

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I haven't stopped speaking to them for the past 2 days. The first time I spoke to them just to ask for it to be the afternoon, a lady (think her name began wish S) said sorry but Virgin Media is not servicable in your area so they are not coming at all on Monday.

Then I did a live chat which confirmed they were not coming Monday, because my address was not servicable.

Then I called again and spoke to a man who said Flat A was serviceable, and asked if that was mine. I said I wasn't sure. He said if it was it already had Virgin and he would cancel it and put it in my name. He was supposed to be calling back yesterday but never did.

I spoke to my agency they said I am not Flat A but my flat is definitely servicable. The online search also showed that it was.

After a final phone call with Virgin, who told me it wasn't servicable and it hasn't gone through on their end, I asked them to get rid of my details and signed up to Talk-Talk instead.

THEN I got a call from VM customer service, who asked if my issues had been resolved. I told him what happened and he apologised, said my flat was servicable the entire time. He didn't know why the others had all told me that it wasn't. But they were stil not coming Monday and were never going to tell me that the order I received confirmation for hasn't gone through.

It's just all been a mess and Talk-Talk sorted me out in 10 mins. Assured me the address is servicable, sent confirmation, and gave me a date saying they will definitely be there.