Menu
Joeyjojp
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Work Laptop connection problems

Hi, 

We've moved over to virgin last month, and since then my wife's work laptop keeps having issues with connectivity dropping intermittently. It worked fine with our old provider, and still works without any issues when connected to a different WiFi network. All other devices are OK with our current virgin network 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Work Laptop connection problems

What laptop make/model is it? Does it connect ok by ethernet cable direct to the Hub?

And as its a work laptop, are you connecting via a VPN?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Check the Wi-Fi drivers are up to date.

You may need to get the work IT department to do it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Joeyjojp
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Its a Windows laptop,  not sure of the make! We use it wirelessly, and use a vpn to access work stuff! 

0 Kudos