Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Windows 10 and no internet

Hi

since windows 10 came into our lives my laptop does not stay connected to the internet through either 2g or 5g on our 2ac superhub. Every other device connects fine and stays connected, but my laptop (the only thing with windows 10 on) drops out consistently, says it’s conencted with no internet or that it can’t connect at all. I’ve put up with it for so long but now it’s beyond a joke and hardly connects at all, that isn’t unless you’re prepared to faff about for three hours. What do I need to do to get the computer to connect?! It’s clearly windows 10 that’s done it and I just want a fix! I’ve tried help that’s on the website (obviously via another device) and still experiencing the issues....all I want to do is connect! Is it just virgin that has this problem with windows?! Infuriating!!!

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Windows 10 and no internet

Hi Mrsevo,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community 🙂

I am sorry to hear of the broadband issues. I've ran a background check and everything seems fine. Is this all solved? If not, please let me know and we can assist you further 🙂

We can also replace the hub with one our hub 3's if you'd like as you're on an older hub? Let me know 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi, we’re still not running as we should be. Can we try a new hub please? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

your issues does not appear to be with the hub, but with your windows 10 devices, so not sure why replacing the hub would make any difference.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It works fine on other internet connections so unless you have any ideas I’ll give a new hub a try.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mrsevo,

Sorry to hear you're unable to connect to the internet on Windows 10 using your laptop.

Are you having any problems with your other devices whilst connecting to the internet?

Are you trying to connect via wired or wireless connection?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Other devices are generally ok however I do have to turn the power off every so often as we lose all connectivity. It’s wireless we’re using

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back @Mrsevo

How are things on a wired connection to the laptop? 

As one of our Community @chenks mentions, this does seem to be more of an issue with the laptop rather than the Hub as all other devices are connecting without any issue. 

Have you thought about chatting with Gadget Rescue? They can assist with issues you may be having with your equipment. (This does come with a charge - you can read more about this on the Gadget Rescue FAQ page on our help pages)

They also have a free PC Health check too which you may find useful. Gadget Rescue Daily PC Healthcheck is a free handy tool for your Windows computer, packed full of useful stuff to make sure your computer is up to speed. There is specific guidance for Windows 10. Take a look at this here

Hope that helps 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Previous comments were not helpful at all. 2 further work laptops have been updated to Windows 10 which when using Windows 7 connected to our home wifi with no issues at all. Since windows 10 has been installed both laptops fail to remain connected. Taking into account this is the same problem with our personal laptop I refuse to believe this is a device issue as the laptops all connected fine prior to Windows 10 being installed. None of the laptops remain connected when hardwired straight into the router either.  Time to look for other providers as we pay a fortune for a service we cannot use without constant interruption which is driving me insane.  Can someone please tell me why this is happening - will updating my router help?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I notice that you haven't posted any Hub data or a Broadband Quality Monitor graph.

Firstly can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

then

Type 192.168.0.1 into your browser URL bar and press enter.  When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’. Copy and paste the contents of each tab onto here, a Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos