cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi

Funguswatty
Joining in

Is the an easy way of connecting smarrt plugs and kettle to my WiFi on hub 5 as all the ones I have won't connect and need them woras wife disabled 

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

How did you try to connect your various devices to the Hub 5 ?

Lets understand what has failed to work and then perhaps some new ideas can be suggested.

Went in to hub to separate 2 Ghz and 5 Ghz but when saved  it nothing connected Properly again ,.smart Power Strip plug and a kettle the main ones everything esle seemed to recont them self's 

When the SSID is changed for either the 2.4Ghz band or the 5Ghz band any connected devices do become disconnected from the band or bands that have changed SSID name.

All the disconnected devices now need to be re-connected to the new SSID just like it was a first time install.

Would it work better if I temporarily stop the 5Ghz and try to reconnect the 2Ggz device,s then put 5 Ggz back on

From a WiFi perspective it should not matter that the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands are both enabled.

A device that is 2.4Ghz only can not hear the 5Ghz signal.

However if the 2.4Ghz devices only reconnect when the 5Ghz is disabled that would be a significant defect of the Hub 5.