cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi hotspot not connecting

Toufiq
Tuning in

Hi,

In my virgin media connect app, while i try for hotspot, then it shows, something wrong and mentions that,  my profile not installed. 

Can anyone plz help?

Thanks, 

Toufiq 

Screenshot_20220209-134845_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20220209-134901_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Toufiq,

Thank you for your post. I'm really sorry to hear you're having some issues connecting to hotspots using our Connect App lately. Have you used this in the past without issues, or is this your first time using the app?

Can you also confirm if you're using it as a Virgin Media customer, or do you have a Virgin Mobile SIM card within the handset? This would affect how you sign into the app and use this service, and you can find more information here.

Keep us posted on this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi...this  is my first time i tried as i am new customer...Recently I registered my broadband  connection only... No mobile.. 

I tried to connect using virgin connect app where it pops up with a screen that profile not installed then next install unsuccessful.. 

Hi @Toufiq

Can you confirm how long you have been a installed for and if you have set up an online account with us. You'll need to set up an online account to access the connect app. You can do this by clicking no account? Create one here and completing the required fields. 

Can you also confirm which router you have installed? The HUB 3 is the only router which currently supports the connect app. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi,

My online account is ok.

And i have started my virgin media broadband connection this month.

I have tried to set up for hotspot using connect app but as i said earlier the screen comes saying something went wrong.. The next screen saying profile not installed. 

Any suggestions plz? 

Is there actually any hotspot to connect freely when we are outside as the virgin media app says?

Screenshot_20220209-134810_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

Hi,

I don't have Virgin Sim in my handset.. .. I just use virgin broadband in my home..i tried to use virgin connect app using my broadband connection to set up the hotspot profile which didn’t work. 

Hope this clarifies... 

Thanks,

Toufiq

I'm so sorry to hear this @Toufiq

Can I ask what make and model your device is? 

Thank you. 

I'm having the issue. My online account is fine, I joined just under a month ago, and my device is a Samsung S22. Any help getting this figure out would be appreciated.

Hi HorstH,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues accessing a hotspot.

Can you confirm what error you're seeing?

Alex_Rm

I'm also having this issue with the same error messages as the OP. I am Virgin Media broadband customer using a Google Pixel 6 Pro handset and my VM online account is set up and working. I have been a customer for around 9 months and have never been able to get the Hotspots to work. Always with the same error message(s).