cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi distance

Ethantg
Joining in

Hello,

I have had this wifi for almost a month now and nobody can stay on the wifi if they leave the room the wifi box is in. I have tried resetting it, turning it on and off, unplugging and leaving it for 5 minutes and nothing seems to work. The light is also still yellow all the time can anyone help me. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this..

If it is a wifi only issue, then on a Hub3, you can try separating the SSID's of the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands by renaming them in the settings and at the same time switch off "channel optimisation" apply and save the settings. All wifi devices will need reconnecting to the best SSID at each location. Also use a wifi scanning App to find the best wifi channels to use (just select and use channels 1,6,11 on 2.4GHz) - this often helps Hub3 users get better wifi performance - but its still no substitute for getting your own better quality wifi kit 🙂

To address the wifi, VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing “boosters”). Pods are free to customers on 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages - is that you?

If not you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever but it isn’t the simple plug and play option of the Pod(s).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Ethantg

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and I am so happy to have you on board! 

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing this issue with your WiFi and a big thank you to jbrennand for their guidance and help! 

I have had a look at your account and I can see that there are a few issues reporting on the Hub specs, so I am going to arrange for an engineer to come and take a look for you. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope int he top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message received. 

Thank you.