Menu
debbiefrodsham
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wifi connection

My WiFi disconnected a few nights back and now my smart tv and chromecast won’t recognise my WiFi network. I have reset them both but this hasn’t made a difference. Any advice please? 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi connection

have you tried resetting the hub?

0 Kudos
debbiefrodsham
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes I’ve tried that too. I’ve managed to get the tv to connect now with Powerline adapters but can’t understand why neither are now not recognising the WiFi anymore when they always worked fine before 

0 Kudos
TrueVerdict
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Heya

My WiFi disconnected a few nights back and now my smart tv and chromecast won’t recognise my WiFi network.

I see in your latest response you have 'reset' the router, did you do this with a pinhole into the reset ont he back of the router holding for 20 seconds?

Any advice please? 

What router do you have?

If you havnt done already do the reset as above - this will delete all settings on the router but takes up to 10 mins to come back online fully functional.

Once the factory reset is complete, can any of your devices connect with the wifi signal?

Factory reset also reverts any password changes back to default> so on all of your wireless devices, forget/delete the network and rescan, manually entering in the network key/password.

Dont forget if you do factory reset you will need to connect up your powerline adapters again!

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you find my responses help or amuse you in any way, please cheer me up and give me some Kudos - - - - Services: Hub3 500mb speedtest.net result 22 Jan 2021 = 550mb down / 36mb up Ping 12
0 Kudos
debbiefrodsham
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’ve just tried this but still no luck with the chromecast or smart tv recognising the WiFi 

0 Kudos