Menu
Highlighted
horseman
Alessandro Volta
Message 221 of 240
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Light Flashing on my hub3

@bev5985 wrote:

How doyou kill the WPS I have had the flashing green light on the wi fi symbol for months and have told Virgin that my box is faulty and they say its not  

VM WPS 2018-10-26 .jpg

Q&D answer(via  608 firmware): Login to SH3 > Advanced Settings > WPS .....(as illustrated above) and check DISABLE boxes, then APPLY.  You  may then optionally need to REBOOT (use COLD Power Cycle via rear power button,wait 2 min, then power on).

For longer more detailed analysis and/or further diagnostic if above fails then you may have to include(and/or attempt variations of) combinations of the following:

1. Firmware version.
  2. External (hard, not Internal soft)Factory Reset.
  3. Incrementally add each WiFi device using DHCP Reservation IP (APPLY and REBOOT) until you experience a failure.

NB: Personally over the last 3+ yrs of testing 2  SH3/Hub3/VMDG505/TG2492LG-VM over all the Commonuity Beta Trial and Production Firmware releases I've never personally encountered a persistent WiFi/WPS flashing icon that hasn't been resolved by the above.   HOWEVER ABSENCE OF PROOF DOES NOT MEAN PROOF OF (PROBLEM) ABSENCE!  Neither am I suggesting the SH3/Hub3 is not "flawed" or conversely "suitable"..... or that user should be expected to browse/search thru 2.3million posts nor purchase 3rd party WiFi router and use ModemMode as plenty of others will here will voice their (technical and non technical)   opinions far better than me! 😛 

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
en1000
Joining in
Message 222 of 240
Flag for a moderator

Wi-Fi light started flashing on my hub 3 a week ago and as soon as this started the wi-fi became undetectable by any wireless devices.  Cured the flashing light by disabling WPS but devices still cannot detect the network.  I have tried a reboot and a factory reset with no joy.  I have also tried to change the channel with zero success.  As it is xmas / new year I have not yet phoned VM so any advice would be welcome, thanks.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 223 of 240
Flag for a moderator

@en1000 wrote:

Wi-Fi light started flashing on my hub 3 a week ago and as soon as this started the wi-fi became undetectable by any wireless devices.  Cured the flashing light by disabling WPS but devices still cannot detect the network.  I have tried a reboot and a factory reset with no joy.  I have also tried to change the channel with zero success.  As it is xmas / new year I have not yet phoned VM so any advice would be welcome, thanks.

VM are pretty useless over the telephone when it comes to WiFi. They’ll try to palm you off with ‘we only support Up to the modem’ or similar and that ‘WiFi is down to the user’.  They usually not smart enough to suspect a fault with the Hub 3, which is always, though not often a possibility.

Anyway, do you have an Android device on which you can load a network analysis tool? That should be able to report any SSIDs and their signal strengths.

With regard to your WiFindevices, have you tried powering them off? I’ve had that happen in the past and a reset of the device did the trick.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
en1000
Joining in
Message 224 of 240
Flag for a moderator

I have reset the network on my smart TV, it can see the network now but still cannot connect to it.  I have 2 laptops, neither of which can connect and my daughter tried her smartphone and fire tablet with no luck.  I will ask her to bring it down again so that I can try the diagnostic, cheers.

0 Kudos
davef1uk
On our wavelength
Message 225 of 240
Flag for a moderator

Can you believe we have to do this ourselves.  ??? Where ever did service go and I wouldn't mind we are paying for this.  

It's funny they never refund you automatically for your suffering network problems and they know exactly how much your downloading etc.  So they know that your obviously having problems, a quick call can confirm it, but it's always the customer doing the chasing .  

No internet, try unplug and wait 10 seconds for the miracle to happen!
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 226 of 240
Flag for a moderator

how would they know you are having problems? That is not how monitoring works

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Soggyendo
Tuning in
Message 227 of 240
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same issue and none if these are resolving it. Is there any progress since the last post? The highlighted answers seem to be not working.

Also I must say i have had so many issues with this fibre optic to the home broadband that i now believe that Virgin engineers do not have a clue. 

My previous supplier: Sky (fttc) was only 30Mb but u knew you had it, and it was always working maybe once at night it had to renew i.p. But i could watch hd on every tv in the house - NOT WITH VIRGIN. 

There's no point in having 200Mbps if in reality it doesn't provide a stable service. 

This is just another issue to add to my virgin nightmare

Thanks for any of your help.

0 Kudos
davef1uk
On our wavelength
Message 228 of 240
Flag for a moderator

“ how would they know your having problems? “

Besides the fact I have reported my issues constantly for over a year, having 25 plus engineers and 3 repulls which are all logged.  Please tell me how they wouldn’t know mr useless?

happy your connection is fine. Try struggling with a poor crappy connection for 2 years and paying for it.  

Dont try  to understand. 

They can check if your having issues which is done each time you call.  Unless that’s a lie too.  Funny. 

Monitoring was done back in the day as many users were capped for excessive use of broadband. 

Abd I know from friends in the business who say it’s easy to monitor.  They run software that detects issues.  

So unless you have something to help then best you shut up! 

No internet, try unplug and wait 10 seconds for the miracle to happen!
cleethorpes101
Tuning in
Message 229 of 240
Flag for a moderator

A few weeks ago my old faulty hub was replaced, presumably with the latest version but I wasn't given any paperwork/instructions. A green light on the front I didn't even know was there has started flashing non stop for days.

Everything seems to be working so I'm just trying to ignore it.

Soggyendo
Tuning in
Message 230 of 240
Flag for a moderator

Same here, almost a year.. Constant issues. 

0 Kudos