cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Channel setting keeps resetting to Auto

Cheekie78
Tuning in

Hi All

Has anyone seen this issue I have with Hub 3.0. This has been occuring for about a month, since Virgin upgraded our line:

Standard specification compliant: DOCSIS 3.0
Hardware version: 10
Software version: 9.1.2109.200

Issue is that the Channel setting, after a few days, gets set back to Auto when I have set it to Manual:

Cheekie78_0-1668589501730.png

V annoying as it then causes the Wifi to drop every few minutes whilst it finds a good channel. I keep set to manual as there is a lot of variable channel interference where I am.

Thanks

Cheekie

19 REPLIES 19

Yes. Exactly this. It’s clearly a bug or missed requirement in the hub software. 

I just want to set a channel, based upon my own analysis, and have it not change. 

Hi Cheekie78, thanks for getting back to us.

Having read your posts, I am sorry that you found that replacing the hub with a 3rd party device was the only way to resolve your issue.  How have things been since you did this?  

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee

All good now, after some more niggles with the Virgin Hub. It would not function in Modem mode (would not provide the Netgear Orbi with an IP via DHCP), so have had to leave the Hub 2G wifi on and change its SSID.

So far Orbi is recommended - I now get full speed/quality wifi over the whole house (300+ sq m)!

Hi @Cheekie78 thanks for your reply here.

That's great that things are all sorted for you now.

If you do need any further help, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Pity the problem is still there and I am still suffering with it. I don't  have the money to sort it by buying 3rd party kit. Come on Virgin, SORT THIS OUT. Give us back control of our kit. We pay you more than enough to get it sorted.

@FredBloggs60 wrote:

I don't  have the money to sort it by buying 3rd party kit. 

They don't cost that much

TP-Link AC1200 Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router, Wi-Fi Speed up to 1200 Mbps, 4×Gbps LAN Ports, Advanc...

---------------------------------------------------------------

You obviously don't have to try balancing a budget on the state pension.

Well broadband is what £50 a month the router is a one off payment less then that.

Or look for a cheaper ISP or maybe you don't need a full WAN IP and go 4/5G CGNAT.

So, "let them eat cake". 

I'm sure they will remove changing channel setting in the next update after all its a smart hub.