Menu
BrohanMcBroface
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Booster Request

One of the rare occasions I actually got speaking to an agent on the phone, he was about to send me a wifi booster, but then helpfully hung up on me before finishing the conversation. I called back the next day and the guy I spoke to that time said they don't do boosters any more but I can pay for a similar device (I think he called it a pod?)

What's the story with boosters? The problem I have is clearly with the appalling wifi signal from the super hub 3, so it seems a booster is exactly what I need - any chance someone form Virgin can help with this?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi Booster Request

VM now supply “wifi pods” (not “boosters”). These are free to customers on the 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages, and so are worth trying if you are on one of those.

Otherwise, you will be charged £5/month - and at that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" solution that will be yours to own and use forever.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
BrohanMcBroface
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the helpful answer - you've been more informative in 5 mins than the dozen or so agents I've spoken to all week.

It's absolutely bonkers you have to pay an extra recurring monthly charge just to get basic wifi to work! 

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I understand that the Pods create a Mesh WiFi network which is much better than the Virgin Boosters (powerline). I was just wondering how many pods can you get for free if you are on the Ultimate Oomph bundle.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As I understand it... You will get sent one free (n.b. when they are back in stock!). If that doesn't fill all of your black spots then you can ask for another (then up to a third) but it has to be installed in a Tech visit to check positioning etc.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos