Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi signal

I have a Hub 3.0 and am having issues with WiFi teaching all the rooms in my house. I can get good signal in my lounge (where the router is) and the study (which is directly upstairs) but there is a significant drop off in the other rooms. A netgear booster does not seem to significantly improve things. I didn’t have the issue with sky and have been told that virgin can help in response to a forum post like this. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi signal

Virgin can rent boosters to you to help with this, try downloading the connect app to check for blackspots

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, they have recommended boosters. I’m reluctant to spend money on them as i have just transferred over from Sky where I didn’t have this issue quite so badly. I also expected to get a lot more interrupted coverage than just the room where my router is situated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Don’t rent the boosters.

Put the money towards some equipment you can actually keep. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos