Menu
ThirdBorracho
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WiFi resets when I try to use Spotify on any device.

I've just moved house.

I previously had the same devices on the same hub. I've moved to a house of a similar layout and size.

Start of the week used the devices (phones, echo dots, Google home mini, HUE bridge - 8 devices total) as I normally would.

Then something strange started to happen.

Whenever is try to play Spotify either via selecting the smart device I wanted to music to play on via the phone app or asking Alexa/Google directly it wouldn't work.

Then the WiFi would reset.

The smart speakers work fine otherwise, but playing music is kind of important. The fact it's happening across multiple smart speakers or multiple brands leads me to believe it's a WiFi problem.

I've got 8 wireless devices connected (I had more in the old house without issue) 

Any idea what's going on?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi resets when I try to use Spotify on any device.

Try a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
ThirdBorracho
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WiFi resets when I try to use Spotify on any device.

I discovered that somehow the 5Ghz band was renamed to "1" so none of the devices could find it, and all devices were on the 2.8Ghz band.

Made both bands have the same name again, and it all worked.

Either that, or simply changing the name at all reset the bands and allowed devices to find them again?

0 Kudos