cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi issue on Google Pixel XL

Kennewby
Dialled in

Hi, 

I had a hub 3 which had issues, so I’ve now got hub 5 - my speed package is 200Mbps Fibre, newly installed.

My Google Pixel xl mobile phone, which was getting results from Failed to 0.08 Mbps upto 180 Mbps from the hub 3. As were other devices, hence the swap out to the Hub 5 as it was unusable on most devices buffering video, drop outs, not connected messages etc - iPad, Fire Stick, PC, Mobiles.

Immediately after the Hub 5 was installed my Pixel 5 is still getting either Failed speedtests, or as low as 0.03 Mbps and sometimes rarely upto 40 Mbps, even when just a few feet away from the hub. But, the other devices which were having issues with the previous hub 3 are now getting over 100Mbps consistently.

Anyone got any ideas? I like the Google Pixel and don’t want to replace it just to see what happens, it’s still as new as the day I got it and has no other issues and the high speedtest results it was getting on the Hub 3 prove it can handle high speeds over WiFi….just not at the moment on the hub 5…?

Cheers

Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey Kennweby, thank you for reaching back out.

It's no problem at all, please remember you can order you 2nd pod from the Virgin Connect app also. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Kennewby,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your device since your upgrade to hub 5. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. I have had a look at our system and I can see you have recently been in contact with our team regarding this issue. Was the issue resolved with our team? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, thanks for the reply 

I have installed a WiFi max pod and it's now working so much better except, upstairs in my home, my phone is still unusable on WiFi and speed test results on it are 0.05 or similar.

It's very strange, it's only the phone, it's only upstairs, I called today to ask for another WiFi max pod to fix this issue as I was advised by the last 2 engineers to do this.

But, I was told that I couldn't have another one yet as the system hadn't registered the first one yet? So I'll hopefully call back in a couple of days, get another one and get it sorted.

It's been a very strange problem but hopefully sorted soon with the next WiFi max pod.

Ken

Hi Ken, thanks for coming back to the thread. We would need to wait seven days from the original Pod to be able to order a new one. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Ok, cheers, thanks for letting me know

Hey Kennweby, thank you for reaching back out.

It's no problem at all, please remember you can order you 2nd pod from the Virgin Connect app also. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi, I can’t get another pod as the connect app says I’m not connected even though I am. 
can you order one on this forum?

cheers

Ken

After more than 5 minutes of this I’ve given up again.

can I get another pod from here, the app isn’t working properly.

39326EB7-A2F8-4449-AFD4-D0395831841E.png

B6493941-A701-45EA-A6D5-5C73986ABE81.png

Can I get a max pod through this forum or not? I’m not getting an answer?

The virgin connect app does not work on my phone or iPad after multiple re-installs. It cannot find the hub.

Ken