Menu
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WiFi cutting out on average every 15 minutes

WiFi isn’t part of your contract or the speed guarantee so you’re due no compensation. 

Try factory resetting the hub and setting the wireless up again, picking clear or less congested channels. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry I have no solutions for you ProfWilbur but this sounds like exactly the same thing that's happening to us. Internet itself is ok, but wifi cuts out intermittently for a short time, then comes back up again, several times a day. It can be fine for weeks, then starts again. It's also happening with our neighbours down the road, also on Virgin. 

There doesn't appear to be any reason for it (we've also had multiple hubs and the engineer out many times) so must just be some weird wifi interference from some other device in the area that virgin boxes don't like. 

In my view the chances of Virgin sorting this out are very very slim. I think our options are 1) wait and hope it sorts itself out 2) buy different wifi equipment and just use the hub as a router 3) change providers completely.

As we're lucky that we can use ethernet for important devices (tv and work computer) we're going for 1 at the moment! 

Tuning in
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to you both for replying and it's comforting to know we're not the only ones. I can see some neighbours have Virgin internet too so it could be interference from  that and other things I can see such as WiFi speakers, printers etc. I'll certainly try the choosing a different channel route if that's possible with the Hub. Failing that,  I suppose we should invest in a router and using Hub as modem. Cheers. 

0 Kudos