Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

WiFi connection issues...

I've been having major issues with my network, ongoing but compounded by the outage for 24 hours on Wednesday. Now only wired devices only really work. On my iPhone, it says weak security. Can't log into the router cause it says someone else logged in. I called CS waited OVER AN HOUR, was told the only option was a PIN reset, he said he'd wait for me to do, then disconnected me while the router was resetting. Now I'm still stuck in WiFi limbo, once again can't log into the router, I still have weak security. I can't even change the name of the network, to see if everything can connect. I'm really at the stage of pulling my hair out, please help??? 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi connection issues...

It may be a good idea to carry out a factory reset on the Hub …

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once the lights are stabilised check your system again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Weak security is just Apple being over zealous of WPA2

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi JimboUK71,

The message, "Can't log into the router cause it says someone else logged in." is usually caused by  the Virgin Connect App

You should either uninstall that app, or perform a hard reset of your router.

Keep the hub switched on and disconnect any ethernet connections, then push the reset button firmly with a paperclip or something similair. keep it pressed in for a full 60 seconds.

Wait around 10 minutes and it should revert to factory settings. You can now reconnect the ethernet cables.

This sticky post explains the weak security and what needs to be done Weak-Security 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

That's what I meant by reset, I did a factory reset when the CS operator disconnected on me. I am having the same issues! 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Are you using the Connect App?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have it on my phone, yes, but I could put it into airplane mode and try again...

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

In any case, it's coming up with the same 'logged in' error
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Uninstall the app. reboot the router. Wait 20 mins. 

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I've tried all of the above. Once again the HUB is not broadcasting beyond one room. The online check says reset the router. This is like being stuck in a revolving door, I'm not going through all these steps every day. I've reset the router every day now, since Wed, when everything went down, nothing has been the same since. Only wired devices work! I'm waiting for CS to answer, 30 mins so far, I need an engineer to come out, also a booster, as their signal is weak. 

0 Kudos