Menu
Rach-wal
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi connection is bad, advise on getting a new router please

@cje85 wrote:

Also the app you're using seems to be ignoring channel 48-64 and 100 onwards which should be available on the VM hub and are worth trying. 

Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 12.03.30.png

Ok I think I managed to find some better channels - I've set this based on the channel analysis I did (screenshot on another post) so hopefully this will help!

0 Kudos
g0akc
Super solver
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Rach-wal wrote:

ok - I managed to find a different tool that allows me to see the other networks nearby, it doesn't show a graph but lists the channels...

You can see the ticked ones are the ones I'm connected to, maybe this helps? Sorry I'm not sure what I'm doing here 😄

Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 11.39.22-min.png

From that analyser result I can’t see a problem - no issues with channels or neighbours.

You are apparently using two channels on 2.4GHz - the hub and an ‘extender’ or whatever (6 & 11).  Those and Ch 44 on 5GHz that you were using are fine - nothing apparently affecting them.

It’s useful to repeat the scan in different parts of the house - the ‘picture’ can be very different near the hub vs in a distant upstairs room that’s nearer your neighbours for example.

An analyser won’t necessarily pick up everything such as baby monitors however.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Rach-wal
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm still having trouble, any help you could give would be appreciated

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Rach-wal,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear that you're continuing to face some Wi-Fi connection issues. I've checked on our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults on the line currently to explain this. Is this problem ongoing for you today? If so, can you confirm what checks and diagnostics you've performed thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos