Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

WiFi and tv tivo

For the last two weeks the WiFi has not been working properly. 

Since I ordered a new box tv TiVo I could not connected to the enternet with the enternet cable only wireless. For example if I turn the switches off and connect the cable to the TiVo before the wireless connection happens, on the TiVo it will show red,  YouTube, Netflix etc won't work. But if I leave it to connect through wireless internet it will work. 

I got the new tivo I will say 2-3 months ago? But now these last days the WiFi does not work if the TiVo is on, it shows on the TiVo the flashing green arrows. The WiFi will work for 20 seconds and disconnect from every device even the TiVo. (I also have a console but the WiFi used to work fine before these last weeks) 

I checked the status of the area and it says it's good but then when I try to do more tests it says oh there is a problem 😭 how can I fix this? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi and tv tivo

First lets assume its a V6 and not a Tivo (they are different). Try option 1 - just temporarily - to see if it solves the issue - if it does than you know all is well with you VM equipment and connection

Then...... you have 3 options to connect a V6 to the Hub & so to the VM network

1) Connect the V6 (permanently) to the Hub by Cat6 cable. This IS the best solution by far and not really that difficult using interior or exterior Cat5e or Cat6 cable – long runs of this are cheap and the “flat cable is easily concealed.
2) Improve your wifi signal at the location of the V6's and preferably use the 5GHz band. There are lots of suggestions on this forum of how to do that search around and see if any work for you.
3) Use a pair of good quality Powerline adapters (if your house circuitry is suitable) with short Cat6 cables this works well – for example my lad has gaming PC and consoles connected this way with no issues.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos