cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling with EE

Jsquires1990
Dialled in

WiFi calling from EE has stopped working recently, but only when connected to my home network. 

My network has 1 x Hub 5 and 1 x Pod. 

Can anybody at Virgin please advise what is causing this issue?

Thanks. 

12 REPLIES 12

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jsquires1990 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear of the WiFi calling issue. 

What happens when people on the EE network call you? Do they get any error messages?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

No but the calls tend to drop. This is down to the fact that the hub 5 seems to be preventing phones connecting to WiFi calling. 

@John_GS wrote:

Hi @Jsquires1990 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear of the WiFi calling issue. 

What happens when people on the EE network call you? Do they get any error messages?

Kind regards,

I have done some investigations. 

when I’m connected to the hub 5 WiFi calling doesn’t work.

when I’m connected to the WiFi pod the WiFi calling does work. 

this seems an issue with the hub 5, hope you can help get this escalated maybe?

thanks

Thanks for coming back to me. OK so what happens when you try a call using WiFi calling please? Do the calls connect at all or any error messages before the call begins? Is this also just to the EE network or are other networks affected?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

The phones just don’t connect to the WiFi calling service. 

As stated this only applies when the phones connect to the hub 5. When connected to pods the connection to WiFi calling is fine. 

Your option is to not use VM wifi but get your own router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Do you have any other people within your home on a different network who could see if this is all networks or if it is just EE?
Are all other devices working okay?

Zoie

Unfortunately we all use EE and are all experiencing the same issues. 

I had WiFi calling available this morning and I checks the connect app and it was connected to the pod then lost WiFi calling and noticed it had connected to hub 5!!

Have you tried a reset on the router?

Is there anyone you know not on EE that you could try this with also?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team