cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get Virgin if my Neighbours have it?

Miko134
Tuning in

I arranged for Fibre Broadband to be installed on Monday. It was all sorted out and I had an order and date confirmation. There was no where to state a time and I just needed them to come after 3pm.

After almost an hour of whatsapping and answering a million questions I spoke to a lady who said it's not possible to have Virgin in my area. Even though my agency next door has it, the neighbours all have it, and Virgin is what they reccomended I got. And I received confirmation that it was being installed on Monday. They took my bank details and everything.

If I hadn't phoned today I would have been waiting at the flat all day Monday for something that wasn't coming. I'm really concerned about setting up WiFi because how do I know that any others will not do the same thing?

6 REPLIES 6

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Miko134 

I hope you've had a great weekend. 

Please accept our apologies for the delayed response. Do you still require assistance from us regarding your query?

Thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Christie 

After being told by 4 members of the installation team, that despite:

1) My new flat having a Virgin Box 

2) Neighbours, the agency, and flat above having a Virgin box

3) The last Tenant who moved out less than a month ago being with Virgin

4) The agency telling me to go with virgin as their properties on the street (including both flats next door and above having it)

5) An email from Virgin saying they were sending me a self-installation pack, as my flat already had Virgin.

6) The Vigin Media Postcode checker saying my flat was servicable by Virgin Media.

Apparently my flat was not servicable by Virgin and they were never coming. But we're not going to tell me. I was supposed to take the confirmation email with a pinch of salt and know it was a joke. I was supposed to know that my flat wasn't servicable (which I still argue, it literally has a Virgin Box.)

So I went with Talk-Talk. It was 5 mins on the phone to sort it and they assured me my flat was servicable by them. Virgin kept me waiting nearly an hour which makes me wonder how many problems people were having for it to take that long.

My job involves conference calls online, so my work has had to sort all of that our, causing loads of stress. All because Virgin didn't think a place that has a Virgin Box could have Virgin Media.

Im a manager and ive offered my 28 staff time and half to switch from Virgin to any other company, and a bonus if they can get family/friends to switch with evidence, as this has cost us loads. I'd rather pay more for less trouble.  

Good Morning @Miko134, thanks for coming back to the thread, and we're terribly sorry to hear that Virgin Media was not made available to you

Do please come back to us, if you would like to take a further look into this for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

So I was never planning on re-visiting these forums. Not even when I got a call on the day my WiFi box 'wasnt really coming because my area was unserviceable and the order had been cancelled', asking if the the box that couldn't be delivered was 'working okay'.

My Talk-Talk box is working great, thank you very much 

A month went by and today I received an email from Virgin thanking me for joining them and giving my Order number (same one as from back on May 3rd). Which I have screenshots of different people from different teams promising had been cancelled. So I had to do yet another online chat.

Ive blacklisted them on everything now. This is becomming harassment. I've also changed my bank so Virgin cannot have my details (even though I was assured that they didn't by multiple people) I don't trust any of them.

Talk Talk were SO straight forward and easy. It feels like Virgin will never leave me alone, they just like pranking people obsessively. 

Hey Miko134, 

Thank you for reaching back out. I am sorry to hear about the whole experience you received from us.

I understand how much stress and time this issues has caused you. I would like to check some stuff with you.

I am going to send you a PM, please can you look out for the purple envelope. 

Thanks 

I've messaged you back. Thank you for your offer of yet another online chat, but I can't keep doing online chats with virgin staff twice a day for the rest of my life. I am not a virgin customer nor will I ever be. Every chat I get the exact same thing:

"The order never went though don't worry, we won't take any money, it was never processed and we don't have your details."

Yet I'm still getting sent emails about it and probably will for months if not years to come. So you DO still have my email address despite saying you didn't have any of my details? Please remove it asap.

If I did yet another online chat it would be exactly the same as the last 12 times and then I'd get another email a few weeks later Thanking me for 'joining' with the same order number.

I'm not entertaining this any more. You guys find someone else to have fun with as I've blacklisted you on everything including emails.