cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp/Discord not working on WiFi

Zainul97
Just joined

Hi All, 

I started noticing yesterday evening that there was an issue with Whatsapp on my phone when using WiFi. Switched to data and it worked fine. Assumed it was only an issue on my device so restarted my phone however the issue was still there. Checked in with my family and they all had the same issue. They mentioned it was happening on Discord as well. 

I've tried all the usual tips & tricks to resolve the issue with no success. 

I've restarted the router, 'forget this network' in iPhone settings, restarted devices, changed DNS yet still no luck. 

Does anyone know what the issue could be? 

Kind Regards

6 REPLIES 6

Zainul97
Just joined
Just to follow up, both Whatsapp and Discord just say 'Connecting' at the top.

Hi @Zainul97,

Welcome to the community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with Whatsapp/Discord on your WIFI service. We can understand your concern and we want to best help. Just to clarify, does this only occur when wirelessly connected? Does the same occur on wired devices? Do any other apps have similar issues? Is the issue ongoing as we speak? Have you also checked here to see if there are any local faults virg.in/service?

Please get back in contact with us so we can further investigate this for you.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

We have the same problem with WhatsApp and Viber since we installed Virgin Media (the apps try to connect in vain («connecting ») when using wifi and work fine when wifi is switched off)
Did you find a solution ?

We thought it could be linked to « Online security » parameters but « Social media » and « Peer to Peer » were not ticked.

Hi @Em842209 thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here regarding these two apps not working.

Unfortunately the poster never responded to us to advise this was fixed, so we must assume this was resolved at the time.

Is this still happening for you, or has this now been resolved?

Please let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi i have the same issue any fixes yet?

Hi Willreilly

Sorry to hear of the application issues via you mobile, we understand the confusion and appreciate you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

Can you confirm the device you're using to try to connect or use these applications? When did the issue start? What error's do you get?

Rob