Menu
BlueDot
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What on earth is happening with the service? Can connect to Youtube but websites are not loading.

Youtube seems to be streaming normally but connecting to websites are struggling badly. e.g. It took 5 minutes to load this community site and I can't get to https://www.jetbrains.com/ This is **bleep** ridiculous.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: What on earth is happening with the service? Can connect to Youtube but websites are not loading.

jetbrains.com loads immediately for me.

Sometimes this site takes a while to load but I think that is a congestion problem rather that a broadband problem.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
BlueDot
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: What on earth is happening with the service? Can connect to Youtube but websites are not loading.

I don't know what to tell you. Youtube is the only connection that isn't borked. I'm seeing the issue on multiple devices, Mac, Windows and mobiles, via both Ethernet and Wifi connections so it isn't my gear. It's the weirdest error I've ever seen from VM.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Go into the Hub settings and change the Domain Name Server.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
BlueDot
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't think that it's possible to change it for the Hub 3. I have to use my own router for that to work.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have a look here >> Windows 10 DNS <<

0 Kudos
BlueDot
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've tried that earlier this morning, didn't work. To be honest I'm getting more and more angry as the day goes on. Thanks for trying to help, this is all Virgin Media side.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: What on earth is happening with the service? Can connect to Youtube but websites are not load...

Hi BlueDot,

Thanks for posting and sorry for the late reply,

I've been able to locate your account details from your forum information and can see since posting you've been able to arrange an engineer visit.

Please let us know if you still need help with anything.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos