Menu
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 41 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: Website DNS problem

Hi ravenstar68,

This is still being investigated by ourselves over Private Message. 

^Martin

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 42 of 46
Flag for a moderator

@Martin_N 

When all your communication is done over PM - you exclude the rest of the community from offering their assistance.  Is this really the right way to go?  While personal information shouldn't be shared on the main forum, not all the information needed for diagnostics contains personal information.

Can you tell us if you guys are able to run a DNS check as if it was coming from a particular gateway in order to narrow down the issue.  Remember that 194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8..100 are ANYCAST addresses.  This means that a DNS lookup from someone in Gateshead would run through a different resolver to someone say, in Birmingham.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

bigbadbod
Dialled in
Message 43 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Okay, the website is back working again, hopefully it is a permanent fix this time.

Thank you everyone for testing the site and keeping me updated + suggestions and advice to get it working! 

Best Regards 

Ste 

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 44 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ste,

Thank you for the public update, it is appreciated. Martin won't be back on shift for a few days so he hasn't been able to respond to your private message.

I'm pleased to hear that you're now able to access the site without issues - I have also tested on my end and I can confirm that I'm also able to gain access. 

If any issues crop up again, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to help further. Apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Beth

SonarUK
Rising star
Message 45 of 46
Flag for a moderator

The site is back live for me.

I can access the site without problems now.

From Stockton

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

M500 | Hub 3 Modem Mode | Asus RT-AX86U (Stock-Firmware)
bigbadbod
Dialled in
Message 46 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming SonarUK!