Menu
Highlighted
soundster
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

WIFI boosters free on Full House, but has started a new minimum term on contract

Hi,

I followed the advice in a VM mailer to test for blackspots in the home using the Connect app. Once done it identified a few across the house. The app tried to charge me £40 for the delivery of these, via an engineer visit.

I didn’t need this visit and had read about others having issues with this, so called in and explained what had happened to be told this is an error.  After some tests, it was confirmed that I could have these free as part of my package on Full House.

These since arrived and work perfectly well in covering the blackspots upstairs.  However, since checking my bill and contract, I see it has started a new 12 month term. 

They are on loan so there are no changes  or charges to the whole package and I wasn’t advised that receiving these would restart my minimum term.  Surely this is an error?

Could someone  advise on how to have this corrected or resolved as this has ‘extended’ my term, which I had not wished to do?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI boosters free on Full House, but has started a new minimum term on contract

Hi Soundster Have you been able to find out any more about your contract being renewed because you took up the free offer of WiFi boosters recommended by VM? I'm in the same position as you - my contract has been renewed for a min 12 month period despite customer services telling me this would not happen. I was unable to order via the app, so spent almost an hour on the phone to customer services whilst they processed the order. I asked three times to confirm there would be no change to my existing agreement that was coming out of its fix contract period, and each time I was told thi was a free additional service and my contract remained the same. I logged on Monday to look at the new 500Mbps V.VIP deal and noticed I'm tied in for 12 months. My agreement ended months ago. An hour on hold each day to CS on Monday and Tuesday , and I've not been able to reach someone who can help me sort this out 😞 I'm sure we're not the only ones... D
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI boosters free on Full House, but has started a new minimum term on contract

Hi Studio-54,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community.

Although taking our boosters doesn't contract you, taking on our new VVIP package will start a new 12 month contract, you can find out more on our terms and conditions virg.in/legals.

If you would like to raise an official complaint, you can view our customer ownership policy here virg.in/compscop .

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
soundster
Joining in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hey there,

I wasn’t subscribed to updates for some reason.

Anyhow, after logging in to manually check for replies, it seems this was an error on the account. This was confined by a quick phone call to the team today who have corrected the contract and related documents. 

However, for you it seems that this needs investigating further. I would certainly advise looking online at your contract documents, under your account details to see if it shows the new date, and giving them a call so they this can be looked at for you.

Obviously just stating that you should not be tied to a new contract is not the solution. Unless of course you somehow added services to the account without being aware! - which I very much doubt! 

Hope you get it resolved soon and do let myself and others know how it goes. I have since enabled post updates.

Good luck  🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
soundster
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the help, been really useful. However, this should not be an issue as @Studio-54 states they were just looking at the deal. Browsing a package or offers does not automatically sign a Customer up to a new term - at least I hope not 😊

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Soundster,

Sorry I misread that I do apologise my bad.

His account would need looking into in that case.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Paul_DN I may not have been clear in my original post - having received my WiFi booster (that wasn't very boosty!) my account showed that I had entered into a new 12 month contract, which I hadn't. This was all resolved when I *did* recontract on basically the same package I was already on, minus one old V HD box I wasn't using, and replacing a TiVo box with a second V6, and remaining on Vivid 350. Monthly bill reduced from £109 to £80.50 for 12 months. Intersting that I've just received an email telling me I've received a boost to my broadband speed - to the speed I've been paying to receive for months! But I'll start a new post about that if I can't find the info to help me... Cheers!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you studio_54.

Just to clarify, has the error with the contract been resolved in regards to the boosters?

Also can you please expand on the issues you have been having with the speed? Is this mainly on a wireless connection?

Let me know 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natalie_L Happy to confirm the contract issue has been resolved with regard to the boosters - but it did take being connected through to four people before I spoke to someone who was brilliant, took the time to listen to what I was trying to sort out, and then came up with a solution that offered me better value for money. The speed issues I referred to were in relation to using the 'wifi booster' which was not able to support a couple of mobile devices at the same time. Other extenders / boosters I've tried in the same sockets have been able to deliver a much faster / reliable Mbps speed (85bps v 15-20Mbps from VM's wifi booster) Hope that helps, Nat D
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back in touch studio_54.

I am sorry to hear the booster is not working as expected.  Is it just the two mobile devices you have connected or are they in addition to other devices?

Also have you got the booster connected to any camera or security systems?

Let me know and I will do all I can to assist 🙂 

Thanks,

Nat
0 Kudos