cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WI-FI Pods failing to connect

MarcosG260492
Dialled in

I have now made at least 6 phone calls to VM with regards to my WI-FI pods failing to connect to the router.

I have been about 6 different excuses from the router needs replacing to the pods need replacing, to the pods need reprovsioning. I have had the phone put down on me three times. 

VM media have quite simply the poorest customer service in the UK. Staff are undertrained and don’t appear to care. I really could never work for a company this poor. 

Can someone please help me. I am reaching out as a last resort, I currently have no Wi-Fi in two rooms in my home, one of which my wife works in. 

With the Wi-Fi max guarantee - Virgin are obliged to pay £100 if any rooms in your home can’t get a minimum of 20 mbps. 

This is the final request before I go to the ombudsman 

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you checked with the Activation line that they have actually been activted onto your account?

See this...

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you may need the Hub/Pod serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers and also your account number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Just tried that - the SA CS team doesn’t have a clue. They got me to go through the same stuff. Factory reset and then asked me to press the WPS button - but these pods don’t even use WPS that do they ? I give up 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

We have had some posters here saying the WPS solution worked for them?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MarcosG260492 👋,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry you are having issues with your pods, have you turned the above advice from @jbrennand or @Adduxi?

I have had a look at our systems and all looks okay, I checked your pods. One is green and working fine and devices seem to have a good connection ut your other pod is not in the best location, this could be why you are having issues. If could ensure the following:

Do not place Extenders near the outside walls of the home. The Extender should not be blocked by metal, placed near mirrors or placed in the path of thick construction material that can attenuate the WiFi signal.
If possible, reposition the Extenders to be closer to the core/middle of the home. The Extenders and the Gateway form a core backhaul network and should be within 2 rooms of another Extender or Gateway.

Please keep us posted with how you get on.

Thanks 😊

Zoie

Hi ya. VM seem to have implemented a fix as you say I have been able to get one of the pods working, seems like changes have been made to the connect app? 

However when I try and connect the second pod it says that there are no more pods to add on my account. When I look at my account it does only say one pod. Could it be that the second pod needs turning on ? 

IMG_1149.png

Hi @MarcosG260492,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bit of trouble connecting your additional Wi-Fi Pod recently. Is this ongoing today, or is it now working as planned?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY YOUR POD ISSUE WILL BE SORTED OUT

You need to make a note of Both the MODEL NUMBER & SERIAL NUMBER of EACH POD & provide these to the Technician or VM so that they can be ACTIVATED individually.

ALL 3 of My Pods have been activated successfully as I gave all the information I mentioned above to the Technician who got in touch with the right people who actually knew what they were doing.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Zach_R wrote:

Hi @MarcosG260492,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bit of trouble connecting your additional Wi-Fi Pod recently. Is this ongoing today, or is it now working as planned?

Thanks,

surely you are having a laugh - if Zoie can see one pod connected and the other not a few days ago why do you need to ask pointless questions - is her crystal ball better than yours

Tony.
Sacked VIP