Menu
Highlighted
carrspaints
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin supercharged my Hub 3 - Now zero internet

Our internet has been out since this afternoon. The green base light flashes for about a minute, then goes solid green. The two arrows then start flashing green, then disappear. The base light starts flashing green again and this cycle repeats indefinitely.

I called Virgin faults, they tell me their is a fault in the area. Yet when I check the virgin faults web site, my area comes up as "no faults". So I thought I'd better check my email for any mail from Virgin. Sure enough, I have mail from them sent this afternoon stating they have "supercharged my Hub 3". No they haven't, they have wrecked it. Whatever they did has messed up the hub and there is nothing I can do to get this working.

Virgin say this is an area fault - too much of a coincidence that they have uploaded software to this hub and now it won't work at all. Has anyone else experienced this issue in the past 24 hours? Virgin are telling me I have to wait until the 20th March for the fix (5 days). That is just ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin supercharged my Hub 3 - Now zero internet

Think just really bad timing, as for the status page that will mainly show regional issues, the forum staff should reply in a day or so

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Shay_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Carrspaints.

Thanks for the post.

I'm really sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your broadband connection. I know how important for you to use your internet connection for a lot of things. Just to make sure,  how are things looking at the moment? Are you still experiencing the same? Have you tried rebooting the hub? Just please let us know.

I've checked on some similar related threads that can be helpful for you. You may click here, to see more information.

^Shay_S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
carrspaints
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi. My internet is still down. I mean completely down, no up or downstream data. The Hub 3 just has the base light flashing green which then goes solid green followed by the two arrows flashing green. That cycle repeats indefinitely. I live in the MK45 1NU area. Virgin just tell me there is a fault in the area, but when I search for faults in this post code, I get an "all good" response. I haven't a clue what Virgin are up to, there is no communication unless I am prepared to call them and wait for 45 minutes for someone based in India to answer. I just get the same story - a fault in the area that will be fixed on the 20th. I am not holding my breath. If there is a fault, how can they be so sure that it will be rectified on a specific date? Meantime my business iPhone internet usage has gone through the roof.

When Virgin works, it's great. When faults occur, it is a serious test of one's patience and temper.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carrspaints

We will be working on resolving the fault as quickly as possible but I do apologise for the inconvenience this will be causing ^DB

0 Kudos
Highlighted
carrspaints
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So today, the 20th March, the day Virgin assured me this so called fault would be rectified, still zero internet. No surprise. 6 days later.

I called Virgin faults, they say there is nothing wrong with my connection. He then runs test and tells me they'll send an engineer tomorrow. I am not holding my breath. Why didn't they arrange to send an engineer 5 days ago? Instead,  get fobbed off with "there is a fault in your area that will be fixed ON the 20th".

I am convinced that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing at Virgin.

0 Kudos