Menu
Joining in
Message 21 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media connect app - Can't enable wifi hotspots

If you don't have a SIM then I understand the alternative option is the following, although I haven't tried it myself:

1. Choose the WiFi network "Virgin Media"
  2. Ensure "EAP method" = TTLS and "Phase 2 authentication" = MSCHAPV2
  3. Username is your VM account email, "vmedwifi/*YOUREMAIL*" eg. vmedwifi/myemail@virginmedia.com
  4. Password is your VM account password

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 22 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Seems like the recent android 11 update on the Pixel 4a has resolved the phone restarting issue with the manually configured hotspots so that's some progress from the Google side. I'm assuming there is no update from the VM team on an update to the Virgin Media Connect app regarding Android 11 compatibility?

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Had a small Android 11 update on the OnePlus 8t yesterday and just tried the virgin connect app again but still getting the server error issue

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 24 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Sorry it's taken us a while to get back to you. I just wanted to confirm the situation after we've checked on this internally.

We’ve identified an issue with the current version of the Virgin Media Connect app when used on an Android 11 device. This means that the app is currently unable to configure the device for our out of home hotspot service.

We’re working on an update to the Connect app to fix this issue.

If you are using a Virgin Mobile SIM in your device you can connect to the ‘Virgin Media’ hotspots by following the instructions at www.virginmedia.com/wifiprofiledownload.

If you have Virgin Fibre you can use the Connect app to manage a Hub 3, but unless you also have Virgin Mobile SIM you won’t be able to configure your device for our hotspots until the issue is fixed.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

On our wavelength
Message 25 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Appreciate the update

0 Kudos