Menu
Nadeemk
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media booster caught fire

Virgin Media provided a booster to help with WiFi blackspots.  Today the smaller unit connected to the router started sparking so I quickly switched the power off.  The booster is burnt near the top of the unit. I'm just so lucky this was not  overnight and potentially causing a house fire.  What should I do? I don't really want another unsave Virgin Media booster but WiFi is so bad upstairs.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media booster caught fire

You can put them in the bin and get your own wireless router with the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Nadeemk,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that this happened. If you haven't done so already, please unplug the equipment that you've stated has burnt. I'm going to send you a private message in a moment so we can take some additional details and get this looked into.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Nadeemk
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the tip.  Going to try an Asus RT-AX55 Wi-Fi 6 AX1800.  Hopefully that works better than the Virgin signal extenders.

jpeg1
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It certainly will.  Just remember that it will work best with WiFi 6 devices.

0 Kudos