cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin connect

Andiemac
Joining in

Hi

I am trying to use virgin connect to pause devices but the app does not recognise our broadband, I am gettting this message:

18791C31-3FE1-45FB-9159-389ACEDCB55C.png

10 REPLIES 10

Client62
Legend

Dear VM Team,

The listing of this thread shows a screen shot, but when the thread is opened the screen shot is not visible.

Below I have pasted a screen grab of this thread showing the presence of a screen shot.

Client62_0-1683014362622.png

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Andiemac 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you're having some issues with the Connect app 😔 Just to confirm, are you using any 3rd party devices in your set up or is the Hub on router mode?

Also have you been able to try rebooting the Hub then signing back into the Connect app to see if this helps?

Let us know, we'll be happy to help further if needed.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan

we are using the router directly and have tried to reboot with no difference,

thanks and best wishes

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for advising the above, have you tried a pin reset and not a reboot, push a pin/ paper clip in the reset hole at the back of the Router, keep pushed in for a pull timed 1 minute, once done allow 15 minutes to settle.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks Paul,

it tried that and it made no difference, I am getting the same error message (attached). Please could my account details on file be checked? The o2 app also told me I was not the primary account holder so I wondering if I am somehow listed a secondary account holder and this is causing the problem. Thank you,

best wishes

Andrea

AD52956A-124A-4832-BD89-6BDE0C65C821.png

Hi @Andiemac,

Thank you for expanding. Can you try logging out of the app and then logging back in again?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Client62
Legend

Check which WiFi service your mobile is using.
If it is connecting to "Virgin Media" i.e. the hot spot from a VM Hub, VM Connect will not be able to work.
The mobile needs to be connected to your Hub's VMxxxxxx WiFi service.

Hi

I have checked and my mobile is connecting to the VM wifi. I also logged out and back into the app. Unfortunately it has not made a diffference,

thanks and best wishes 

Andrea

Client62
Legend

Make sure that all forms of Apple Private Browsing / VPNs are disabled.

From your mobile you should be able to reach the Hub's menu at : http://192.168.0.1/

where you can login in with the Hub's password and manage the Hub's settings.