cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin connect App

Kennewby
Up to speed

I have this issue as well, installed, reinstalled used different devices, the app very rarely connects to the hub.

19 REPLIES 19

Forget it, I’m done with the forum, it’s been a waste of my time, no one answered my very simple question?

I give up

Hey Kennewby, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry for the delay of getting back to you, this platform is not an instant response, sorry.

I have also seen you have posted on another board, in future please can we keep it into one board because this can delay us in getting back to you.

The best way to get a pod order is download the Virgin Connect app, from here do a scan.

If the scan picks up that you need a pod it will allow you to order some.

However they can be chargeable depending what package you on.

They are free on Volt, 1GB or Oomph bundles. 

Please let me know how you get on. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Are you really telling me to download the app? the app that I'm trying to  use on 2 devices and have posted about on this very thread.

The app does not connect to the hub when trying to do a speed test, but it does connect for everything else. On both my iPad and my phone. That's the issue in having.

I'm not trying to be rude but there is no point posting a reply like that if you've not read my posts. I have clearly said what the issue is, to tell me to simply download the app and run speed tests is just making me more frustrated.

I have the virgin connect app on 2 septate devices.

Installed and reinstalled a few times. ( Due to the issues)

It connects to the hub and shows me my devices etc on screen.

Then I try a speed test, the app then tells me i need to be connected when I try to run the test, but I am connected, no matter how many times I try.  So I cannot run a speed test on the connect app. So I cannot order a max pod through the app.

I asked on this forum if I could order a max pod several times.

Still no answer on that question.

Then u reply telling me to download the app.

Can you see why I'm frustrated.

Hi Kennewby, thank you for returning to reply! Sorry to hear of your difficulties with the connect app and frustration with the offers of support so far. 

I can see you have also posted this issue as its own separate thread here: Speed test result on devices different failed - Virgin Media Community - 5154915 where I have responded to offer support. 

If we can please try to stick to one thread moving forward (the one provided in the link above) just to avoid any confusion and ensure your replies are not missed!

Let me know how you get on with the troubleshooting steps on the other thread - hopefully we can isolate the issue and get it resolved for you there. 

All the best

Molly

Apologies, I can see I neglected to mention that I will also offer support ordering a Wi-Fi pod if needed following the troubleshooting support for the connect app issue! Speak again soon.
All the best. 

Molly

I've replied on the other thread.

I opened 2 different threads as I'm having separate issues and not getting any where with either of them.

I'll stick to the other thread.

I'm replying to this using my Google pixel XL phone, at work, on WiFi, no issues at all. When I get home later, the Wi-Fi on the same phone is virtually unusable, can't open websites without a five minute wait etc, but I do have full strength connectivity to the home WiFi (full bars) , it just won't work and I have to turn WiFi off and use mobile data in my home.

Thanks Ken

Hi Kennewby,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see you are facing WIFI issues with your Google Pixel XL, I was able ro locate you on our system with the details we have for you and cannot see any issues other than a potential WIFI issue due to the Pods not being turned on, is your Pod connected?

Regards

Paul.

Yes, it is on? Is it showing as being off?

Hey Kennewby, thank you for confirming this.

I can see they are online now and I can't currently see any issues.

How has everything been for you in the last few days? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi, I’ve just posted this on the other thread. I’ll copy paste it here…

I know it’s Halloween but this is spooky?

sorry for the long message but any ideas on this ?

I don’t think my WiFi pod was working as the connect app didn’t show it. The virgin connect app didn’t work with other things like speedtests and it kept asking me to optimise WiFi and install the pod, then saying “something went wrong”. So I unplugged it and put it away. Also the WiFi on my google pixel phone has been awful the whole time since the whole system was installed.

So I plugged in a new WiFi pod I’ve just received that day, and the connect app suddenly started to work, it optimised my WiFi and ran speedtests, great !

But no WiFi on my google pixel not even connected this time, whereas in the past it connected but was very very slow, now though with the new pod, nothing.

I looked around the newly working virgin connect app and one of the features it has showed me my network name and password and a QR code. I noticed the network name and password was completely different to my current network name and password on my little card, I also checked on the bottom of the router and again it was completely different. I scanned the QR code that the connect app was showing on my phone and ping! my google pixel phone is now connected and running WiFi properly for the 1st time.

But… also the new network name and password is actually the same as the old one I had on my last hub that I only had for a few days before it was replaced with this hub 5?

how has my network changed names and password by itself? And how are my devices like IPad, firestick, kids PC, Xbox, kids phones and more, connected to it and fully working without me changing anything on them? When they were setup on the original network name and password that is on the bottom of the router? I’ve not re-connected them or entered  any new passwords on these devices?

if I want to connect a new device to my WiFi I’m now connecting to a network with a name and password completely different to what is on the bottom of the router?

and no - I have not changed anything.

has anyone had a similar issue? I cannot fathom it at all.

thanks, Ken