Menu
cina182003
Tuning in
Message 61 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Wifi Hotspots

What's that MikeRobbo? Do you work for Virgin Media forums?

To Virgin Media, please contact me regarding the opt out virgin wifi issue. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 62 of 74
Flag for a moderator

@cina182003 wrote:

What's that MikeRobbo? Do you work for Virgin Media forums?

To Virgin Media, please contact me regarding the opt out virgin wifi issue. 

Have a read of the Forum Rules.

No I don't work for VM but. after quite a while trying to help people on here I do know that people piggy backing threads can cause all sorts of confusion.

If you don't like what I have written, please feel free to report me to the Forum Moderators.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
sheyac
Tuning in
Message 63 of 74
Flag for a moderator

It's been over a year and the opt out is still not fixed.

I'm having the same issue, and have tried from multiple devices/browsers. It shouldn't be this hard to opt out.

0 Kudos
gryan1600
Tuning in
Message 64 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Bugger, I am having the same problem and passage of time, engineers and help desk are not forthcoming.  if it was a hub not able to the system would know that automatically so I am paranoid and belive MV just dont want opt outs but remains to be seen. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 65 of 74
Flag for a moderator

@gryan1600 wrote:

Bugger, I am having the same problem and passage of time, engineers and help desk are not forthcoming.  if it was a hub not able to the system would know that automatically so I am paranoid and belive MV just dont want opt outs but remains to be seen. 

Eh?

What hub do you have?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 66 of 74
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the exact same problem...Please send help!!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 67 of 74
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem...Please send help!!

What same problem?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 68 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the details via Private Message @Anonymous and can confirm that I've raised an IT ticket for the opt out. It can take them up 10 days and we'll let you know when they get back to us.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 69 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Anonymous,

I've received an update from IT to confirm that you have been fully opted out. Please check on your end and let us know if there are any issues.

Thanks,

Lisa

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 70 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa
Thanks for confirming.
I've checked and it does say I've been opted out, but there is still a Wifi zone symbol in the hotspot section...what does that mean then??
0 Kudos