cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media + O2 Trap?

tearen22
Joining in

A couple of weeks ago, I signed up for a broadband-only deal for £39.99 for 1gb speed. Then, yesterday, a week before the scheduled installation date, I received a call from Virgin asking why I had cancelled. I hadn't!

The lady on the phone was helpful in correcting this mysterious cancellation, but the deal she offered was different from the one I had signed up for. It is still £39.99, but now includes a stream box, calls and an o2 contract. The contract is split as follows: £14.99 for the virgin products, and £25 for an o2 simcard.

I explained to the lady that I do not need o2, phonically or a stream box, just broadband, but she assured me that they come with it anyway and I don't have to use them.

However, I am now concerned that I am trapped paying for a phone contract that I don't want should there be any issues with the Virgin media installation, or should the order be mysteriously cancelled again. I've spoken to customer service, and they've not helped me. I'm really considering cancelling everything while I'm in the cooling-off period. This all seems super shady to me.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any advice?

2 REPLIES 2

alphaomega16
Up to speed
I would call back and demand what you was previously offered, broadband only is on their website for what you mentioned and you wont be conned into taking extra stuff because they want to try and pull one over on you.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey tearen22, thank you for joining our help forums and welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear of this experience and the frustration it has caused, we appreciate the questions raised due to having your initial deal changed.

We'd love to help, however we do not support package changes over the forum. If you reach our team at 0345 454 1111, or via text on WhatsApp at +447305 327 112 so we can look into this and help out.

For issues related to your install process you may contact our Pre-Installs department at 0800 052 1734 and they will be happy to provide updates.

Let us know if the above has helped, we're eager to assist further where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs