cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Connect app won’t detect Hub3

Thalia1
Joining in

The connect app is not detecting the wifi- all other devices are working perfectly.

I have tried to connect for 4 days now.

9 REPLIES 9

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pinhole reset the Hub and try the app again.   Note there is nothing you can do with the app, that you can't do from the Hub's admin pages at 192.168.0.1

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Thalia1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your connect app. 

Have you been able to try the suggestion from Adduxi?

If so, please do let us know is this has resolved this.

^Martin

Yanky
On our wavelength

Hi,

I've now got the same issue with the app not detecting my hub 3. I've done the pinhole reset and a power off reset with no joy. I've reinstalled the app which all connects perfectly, but once the app is off for a while and I try to access it, after the 2mins is up looking for hub, it says the hub 3 cannot be found and either retry or ask for support.

Does anyone have any idea what is up with this apparently amazing new app?

Thanks

Lee

Hi @Yanky, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Thanks for bringing to our attention that your connect app is not finding your hub 3. I am sorry that you're having this experience.  As a side issue, please could you expand on the reasons that you're currently needing the app?  Is it because you're having WiFi issues?

Regards

Lee_R

Yanky
On our wavelength

Hi,

The reason I need the app is to switch off my kids devices connected to the wifi so they will sleep or do as their told. I have no pc anymore and only can access this function via my phone. I used to use the pc and setup mac filtering but that never worked either, but now that pc is gone.

Thanks

Lee

Thanks for coming back to us Yanky,
We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your hub. 
The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that: 
For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 
For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 
If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 
Pop back and keep us posted. 
Thanks Jodi. 

Yanky
On our wavelength

Hi,

Everything you mentioned has already been suggested and hasn't fixed anything. Seems like virgin has some work to do as other people I know have the same issue now.

Thanks

Lee 

This seems to be happening with me now. I had my Broadband service moved from M100 to M200 a week ago and since then, I have been unable to connect my App to my Hub 3. 

I have tried all the solutions given in previous post,to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Richard 

Hi Richard345,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Connect App voiced, I am sorry you're also being affected by this.

We are aware of this issue affecting a wider number of customers and we are working on a fix as we speak.

We apologise for any inconvenience this is causing and we hope to have a resolution for you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L