cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Connect app will not connect

RichardDBlake
Tuning in

I am having problems getting the Virgin Media Connect app to connect to my Hub 3. I have tried several times over the past few months without success. I have tried the usual - reboot the hub, uninstall and reinstall the app.

The only error message I get is:

Oops. Our bad

Which is not very helpful.

Any ideas on what I can do to get the app working. I am on an iPhone 13 Pro Max running iOS 15.3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

This will completely refresh the Hub and may allow the app to reconnect.?

There is nothing I can think of that you cannot do with the Hub's admin pages, that you can do with the app.  I don't use it btw 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

44 REPLIES 44

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

This will completely refresh the Hub and may allow the app to reconnect.?

There is nothing I can think of that you cannot do with the Hub's admin pages, that you can do with the app.  I don't use it btw 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks - I tried the reset. It’s now taken about 2 hours for my Virgin Media pods to reconnect.

I then tried the connect app again and on the fifth attempt it connected - yay!

Thanks again for the suggestion

gillhoose
On our wavelength

I’m on the hub 4 and it’s still connected to my hub 3. It won’t let me do anything. How do I sort this out. Also Ive just changed to volt package Gig1 and my speeds are the same as they were on M600. Any ideas 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi gillhoose, 

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry you are having issues with the connect app also.

The connect app does not work with the hub 4.

What speeds are you getting on a wired connection? 

Zoie

gillhoose
On our wavelength

I haven’t a clue as I do t have any devices wired. I don’t think anyone has these days unless they are in an office 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can understand where you're coming from gillhoose,

Thanks for the response. 

Are you experiencing issues within the same room as the router?

Let us know,

Kain

Simonwhite
On our wavelength

My hub 4 is not connecting to the virgin media connect app done all the troubleshooting as described in this still no joy 

kind regards 

simon white 

Hi Simon

Tbe app doesn't work with the new hub. VM say they are working on that. 

m I can’t even log on to the settings to change my password or anything on the new hub. 

Steve 

Hi Simonwhite,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your Hub 4.0 is not connecting to our Connect App.

What error do you get when trying to connect, which device are you using?

Regards

Paul.