cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Connect App

brightonjohn
Fibre optic

I've never fully understood what this app is supposed to do. And according to the email I got yesterday I'm more confused than ever.

It's headline is 'Take control of your WiFi'. Then the first thing you have to do is turn off your wifi. Then you get the message 'Sorry, we're having problems' and then ou have to turn off VPN or iCloud Private Relay (iOS) - I don't have a clue what either of thos things are - and try again.

If this is app is about managing your WiFi why do you start by turning it off?

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What do you want it to do for you that you cannot do by logging into the Hub settings on a browser?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I don't know until I see what it does! It's suppposed to mange wifi around the home but can't possiblt do that if you have to turn of the wifi first, can it?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I havv never used it - it serves no useful function for me. Re. managing the wifi I think all it brings to the party is to report whether your device is in a wifi blackspot and encourage you to get a Pod.

That can be easily (and better) done if you use a wifi analyser App (or Airport Utility on iOS) to check which 2.4 channels are being heavily used around you and move yours to one of numbers 1,6,11 that is least so, but it wont help if there is other sources of interference.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.