Menu
theinternetguy
Dialled in
Message 41 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Hub 3 on M200 - Connection is terrible

Engineer is coming tomorrow between 08:00 and 13:00! Let’s see what happens. 😆 
Getting excited to have decent internet! Just hoping the engineer can resolve this tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 42 of 51
Flag for a moderator

@theinternetguy wrote:

Engineer is coming tomorrow between 08:00 and 13:00! Let’s see what happens. 😆 
Getting excited to have decent internet! Just hoping the engineer can resolve this tomorrow. 

How did you get on?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
theinternetguy
Dialled in
Message 43 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Engineer has just left. 
Here’s what happened: 

1. He replaced the hub 3 as he said it there were some errors on it. 
2. He went to the cabinet to run some checks and I believe he changed the signal / power levels for my connection. 
3. Took the 6dB Forward Path Attenuator off and installed a Signal Equaliser (I think is what he said it was). Imaged below. Not quite sure what this does. If someone could tell me that would be great. 
4. Ran a speed test and got 380mbps down an 36mbps up. 😁😁

I have ran several speed tests over 1hr since he left just to check that it’s all consistent. Yes it is! Very happy with this engineer visit so far. 

Image: 110754AF-CEA8-4530-A76A-12DA6C75959C.jpeg

Image: Speed testSpeed test

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 44 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Fantastic.

Glad it appears sorted!

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 45 of 51
Flag for a moderator

No idea what those equipment pieces are.. never seem them before, my access point and splitter are getting on to 20 years old now though.

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
theinternetguy
Dialled in
Message 46 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Yep!! Think it’s all been sorted. Been stable since the engineer left on Tuesday. A little wobbly at around lunch time today but nothing like what I was experiencing a few days ago. Lowest I’ve seen it drop to now is 250 which is expected sometimes. Generally over 360 now though!! 

theinternetguy
Dialled in
Message 47 of 51
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Well what do you know? 

Typical Virgin, trying to convince me that everything is “working” or “fixed”. After two weeks we are back to square one but maybe even worse. Not bothering with this and will be moving to BT Full Fibre 300 as it’s available in my area and as it’s cheaper atm and also has a better upload speed and is more RELIABLE!! 
Will be calling tomorrow to cancel as I have had ridiculous service in the past months.

Used to support Virgin Media and recommended them to family and friends, now I couldn’t recommend it anyone. What an awful experience. They seem to only care about new customers until their contracts finish! Not a way to run a company. 

See link to Speedtest videos - iPhone 6s next to Hub 3 (should be getting full speed, or at least I were 6 months ago): (couldn’t upload them on here so it’s a Vimeo link.) 

https://vimeo.com/525200357
https://vimeo.com/525200418

If your thinking about getting Virgin Media for FAST BUT ALSO RELIABLE BROADBAND, then I advise you to look elsewhere. Check TalkTalk if your not worried about speed only reliability. Check BT as you can get up to 900mbps and 100mbps upload!! BT seem more reliable but TalkTalk is still fairly reliable according a quick Google search. 

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 48 of 51
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

so your answer is clear.
0 Kudos
theinternetguy
Dialled in
Message 49 of 51
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Finally got through to someone today. Cancelled my services and they are going in 30 days. Just look at this shocking result I got today! Not acceptable Virgin! 

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/4486323810

Booked BT today and I already have FTTP ONT box installed (or FTTH, whichever you want to call it, pics below) so they are just sending me the equipment and should be activated when it gets here. Can’t wait to get reliable broadband again. Got the BT Full Fibre 300 - 300mpbs down with a guarantee of 150mbps down and 49mbps up - and the landline on pay as you go for only £39.99 instead of £49.99 for 24 months! 

Cheers for the memories Virgin Media, maybe I’ll see you again, maybe I won’t. 

F26C7F36-7007-4586-AEDB-970A12BE3DD4.jpeg

theinternetguy
Dialled in
Message 50 of 51
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi all,

Just an update.. 

Last day of service today.. so I ran a quick little speed test! 

Speed test M350Speed test M350

If you are thinking of coming to Virgin Media, I consider you to look elsewhere if you want reliable broadband. TV is OK unless you have a Samsung 4K TV (whole nother issue). It may not be as fast but overall it’s probably better reliability wise and getting things fixed! Also, don’t let them brag about there DOCSIS cables. What a overall sh** company!