I'm having this issue too. I seem to be having wifi problems, on the superhub 2 I solved a lot of issues by reserving IP addresses for things that were often used in the house. Trying to do this on the superhub 3 is really annoying when every time I click the button to reserve an IP address it kicks me out of the menu and then it takes 5 minutes to load the DHCP page again.
I've just discovered that my Superhub 3, newly installed last week, has the same problem. Access to the DHCP reservation page seems to be close to impossible due to the unresponsiveness of the page.
After trying for several hours, on and off, I've managed an occasional glimpse of the inhabited Connected Devices table. But any attempt to make alterations to that page by inserting an entry into the DHCP reservation table is defeated by the unresponsive page.
Is Virgin Media asserting that this Superhub 3 is fit for purpose?
There doesn't seem to be much point in recalling the excellent and knowledgeable Virgin Media engineer who installed this last Wednesday as it's clearly a firmware problem that needs to be fixed by an update.
I'd like to hear back from Virgin Media on this issue. Acknowledging the bug and giving us an ETA for a fix.
There's always a tendency for vendors to use language that suggests the issues belong to the user and will get fixed if the user employs certain magical procedures. In some cases, this can solve problems, but nothing has really been accomplished unless the user gets a picture of what exactly the procedure did to sort the problem out. Out with the magic, in with the science.
In this case, it's clear as day its a firmware SNAFU. It's standard procedure for the vendor to invite the user to utter incantations over the offending product. Reboot the device. Change the cables. Try plugging into a different electrical socket. Align the device to point due North.
Please, Virgin Media, identify the bug, 'fess up to it and fix it.
I'm patting myself on the back for having managed to write two entries into the Virgin Media Superhub 3 DHCP reservation table.
It took—quite literally—half an hour. A quarter of an hour per entry while I waited for the so-called "Update in Progress" that's mandatory after every change to the page. I could have embroidered the numbers onto my shirt in less time.
I've been reviewing hardware for various publications for over 35 years now. The only device I can recall giving me this kind of creeping grief was dear Clive Sinclair's One-Per-Desk.
Thanks for the boilerplate response, Ellen_C. But with respect, you've plugged in the wrong paragraph.
You'll see from my earlier posting that I'm not logging a problem with the connection, which is running at a respectable speed.
The issue—and it's not MY issue, it's Virgin Media's issue—is (as I've reported along with others here):
Access to the DHCP table is glacial. The firmware issues a Web page that reports "Update in progress" (presumably to fill the Attached Devices and Reserved Addresses tables), a process which can hang the Web page for five minutes or longer.
The Superhub 3's internal Web server is generally sluggish, but this particular page is as close to flogging a dead horse as I would ever hope to come, World Wide Web-wise.
Even if there are no IP addresses in the Reserved List and the only attached device is the one trying to access the Web page, the response time is beyond merely unacceptable.
Executive Summary: the firmware urgently needs to be revisited.