cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 3.0 Hub Wifi keeps dropping all Wifi devices

urbanbumpkin
Dialled in

I've been with Virgin for over 10 years but I'm having to re-boot my route at least once every day because the wifi connection drops the majority of devices.

Anything directly connected is absolutely fine but WIFI devices are booted off. I can see this by logging into the route when it's happened.

An example of the WIFI issue is that my laptop is literally 2 feet way from the router (on the other side of the wall) and it ang with other devices regularly get kicked off for no apparent reason.

Looking online I can see lots of other people having exactly the same issue. The finger seems to be pointed at the poor quantity of the Virgin router.

Is this the case and can there be anything done to resolve this?

What's Virgins take on this?

44 REPLIES 44

Just got the M4's up and running. So far so good!

Me I had all the right connectors and coax. 

I have now turned my old router into an AP point  5G gives me 866Mbps on my phone in every room of my house.

The Hub3 really isn't a good router and Virgin really need to sort this out.

this post may contain nuts 😉

everything and the virgin engineer run a test and said everything was fine.

V6 box was fine would freeze from time to time.

Hoggie
Fibre optic

so I now have a fully working wired in system with an AP point on the upper floor giving me a full 5G signal.

The hub 3 is working fine with the AP taking up some of the wifi traffic.

The joys of having full signal from my router paired with the hub. 

I have all TV's up and downstairs and the T360 box on CAT 6 ethernet cables.

why don't virgin do a setup like this, ok it will cost extra but will cut down on complaints and make a few gamers very happy

Hoggie
Fibre optic

@urbanbumpkin wrote:

I've been with Virgin for over 10 years but I'm having to re-boot my route at least once every day because the wifi connection drops the majority of devices.

Anything directly connected is absolutely fine but WIFI devices are booted off. I can see this by logging into the route when it's happened.

An example of the WIFI issue is that my laptop is literally 2 feet way from the router (on the other side of the wall) and it ang with other devices regularly get kicked off for no apparent reason.

Looking online I can see lots of other people having exactly the same issue. The finger seems to be pointed at the poor quantity of the Virgin router.

Is this the case and can there be anything done to resolve this?

What's Virgins take on this?

I found that the dual band was not ON by default try that and setting(if you can) a few things to 5ghz preferred
mine and the wife's laptops never leave the house and are both set to 5ghz pref in advanced settings for the card.