cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor WIFI in one of my bedrooms.

Mervynhancock
Dialled in

I have no WiFi in two rooms and my security cameras wont operate. I contacted Virgin and an operator called Amil changed me over to Volt and promised me three mesh pods free of charge as I have been with Virgin for over 25 years. My contract was changed, I received a sim from O2 which I really didn't need, and no mesh pods. A different operator then told me that I had to be assessed for the pods and could be charged for them. I understood that Virgin claims that WiFi will work in every room or they will deduct £100 from their bill. My wife and I are both aged 75, were advised to fit security cameras after a burglary, paid out a load of cash and left with a useless system. Typical of Virgin - customer service in another continent, different advisors each time you call, long waiting times for service, and no consideration for loyalty. 

14 REPLIES 14

Omadawn
Up to speed

Of course the much more likely explanation is that ‘Amil from Virgin Media’ actually lied through his teeth to the customer, mis sold him a new (more expensive) contract - why Volt, did the customer ask for it, apparently they had no use for an O2 sim but are now stuck with it - extra £25 a month, no, but still failed to provide any pods?

What the customer wanted was a Pod as per the VM minimum WiFi speed guarantee, which I’m sure I don’t need to quote the terms of to you here, do I? Instead they were sold an extra package with the ‘promise’ that now three pods had been ordered (yet another lie by ‘Amil of Virgin Media’ as we both know that’s not how it works).

It does strike me that if the customer cares to massively kick-off about this, then we all know what an Ombudsman’s decision is s going to be, don’t we? Also trading standards might want a word as well - you would think that with OFCOM looking at the possibility of giving VM a proverbial ‘good kicking behind the bike shed’, the customer services agents might have been told to be more circumspect - apparently not.

And then we move on to this weird, you have to wait 30 days nonsense and only then will we condescend to see if you are worthy of getting a pod - the very same pod that the aforementioned ‘Amil from…’ promised would be ordered now that they had extorted re contracted and got extra money out of a 75 year old pensioner who is; what’s the term that lawyers love to use? Oh yes ‘vulnerable’. So not only have you got them signed up to a new contract, unnecessarily, tied them in, no doubt to a new 18 month minimum term contract, their alarm system still doesn’t work.

Still, I’m sure that it can all be sorted out amicably, even Amil who no doubt has received a bonus for upselling will come out OK. The Volt deal needs to be cancelled and any costs refunded to the customer, this was blatant sis selling and taking advantage of a vulnerable person; it was also a lack of lies, but still! Oh and just order them a Pod, as is their due under VM’s own procedures, yes?

If we go back to the message that the OP posted on Friday, and I quote “Just checked the WiFi signal in the bedroom with the Virgin app and it is 3mbs! Telling me I need the Mesh system.” Which, to me sounds fairly definitive, as to why then Paul on Sunday asks if ‘the connect app advised as to how to order pods’, does sound somewhat odd, unless of course Paul hasn’t actually bothered to read and understand the thread before crashing in with a pointless, exasperating and slightly insulting response.

So the customer had done the right thing, tested with the official VM app, it has reported slow speed so they are entitled to at least one free pod, yes? So why don’t they have it? Why have they instead been mis sold a more expensive product, with the implication that this is the only way to get the pods?

Enquiring minds and all that, would like to know.

Mervynhancock
Dialled in

Absolutely impossible to get any sense out of Virgin. I have received two emails in the past week boasting about their minimum WiFi speeds , claiming to refund £100 if you dont come up to speed, and claiming to issue free pods to improve service. Three telephone calls to somewhere in India, various replies from Forum members which dont make sense, and I am still left with two security cameras which dont work because there is only 3mbs of signal in the  rooms where they are sited. I am about to report VM to the Trading Standards and then the Ombudsman if I dont hear within a week. After 25 years of VM things are getting worse.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sincere apologies for the issues faced Mervynhancock, 
Again with this matter as there has been a change on the account it can take 30 days for the new package to be in effect.
When was the original contract due to end?

Regards,

Kain

JOINED VIRGIN MEDIA SOMEWHERE AROUND 1995

PREVIOUS CONTRACT DUE TO END IN JULY 2024

NEW VOLT CONTRACT DUE TO END IN AUGUST 2024

VIRGIN SAYS THEY GUARANTEE A WIFI SIGNAL IN EVERY ROOM - I HAVEN'T GOT A SIGNAL IN EVERY ROOM

I NEED MESH PODS OR £100 OFF MY ACCOUNT SO I CAN BUY SOME

IS THAT PLAIN ENIOUGH?

Okay, we would like to take a look at your account to see what we can do to help. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin