cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very hot router

corsaman
Tuning in

Have noticed  that my Hub3.0 is displaying a constant red light and is very hot to the touch. At times I can smell the heat. Have switched off the power (several times) but problem persists. Should I be worried about a fire?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

@corsaman wrote:

Snip..

Should I be worried about a fire?

Yes you should! Definitely turn the hub off, even better unplug it from the mains, at night and if you are not at home. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jem101
Superstar

@corsaman wrote:

Snip..

Should I be worried about a fire?

Yes you should! Definitely turn the hub off, even better unplug it from the mains, at night and if you are not at home. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also call it in as a fault with a view to a replacement hub via an engineer. 

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @corsaman,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having these issues with your Hub 3. Please unplug it as soon as you can and respond to the private message I'll be sending to you shortly so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

@Anonymous wrote:

Also call it in as a fault with a view to a replacement hub via an engineer. 

Now I would have suggested that, but I feared that the response from customer services would have been somewhere between, 'yes, that's normal, the red light is just a firmware upgrade happening - just ignore it' and 'this is a new feature to ..er.., well, ..er.. help warm your home in these cold times, yes that's it, it is on trial but eventually will, er, be only an extra £5 a month - can I sign you up.....?'

I was hoping that a forum team member gets involved before the OP's house burns down, which they have!

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @corsaman,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked for you.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly for security reasons, but you can check and manage the appointment via your My Virgin Media account if needed.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!