cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valorant Routing issue

faiq4444
Tuning in

The internet in my area fully went down like 4 days ago (2nd August) and after this the ping from 25ms to London to 60ms and now the Frankfurt server gives me the best ping and even then its 45ms.

image_2022-08-06_191413537.pngimage_2022-08-06_191452125.png

However, this issue goes away at night time, around midnight the ping normalizes again to as it was before the 2nd of August. I tried tracerouting and searching on other forums and it's clear that its some routing issue on VirginMedia's part. I have already contacted VALORANT themselves and they also say the same thing. Other than that I've tried every other solution, with other devices other accounts and the same result comes.

If I am paying around 50 GBP a month for this broadband it should be reliable 24/7

16 REPLIES 16

RLB15
Tuning in
I am having the exact same issue. Apparently, there is more work happening on the 12th, maybe it will sort out?

12th? Is that like confirmed or where did you see it because it'd be so relieving if it actually worked I don't wanna go through the hassle of switching providers

Not 100% sure, I asked my Dad to look into it because playing Frankfurt servers isn't very fun :')

He said there was scheduled work on the 12th not sure if that was just for our area or what though.

If you don't mind me asking, where about are you? I'm in Glasgow and I talked to someone about it however they're in Bristol with the same issue so maybe it's a west coast issue?

Yeah I'm just south of Bristol so could be

im in the same area too roughly and experiencing exactly the same thing

i see their is work to be done on the 12th too but its looking like a much wider issue of congested routes

Gr33bo
Joining in

Just to piggy back on this, I'm in the Northwest (Lancaster) and have been completely unable to connect to Valorant for the past week. I've had a support ticket open with riot support and they've told me to come to the ISP as something appears to be blocking the routing. 

pingplotter.png

Yeah so we're all basically here for the same thing and as you can see some people are suggesting there's work occurring on the 12th so we may see a fix then but for now we can only enjoy stable ping at night - I tried this and the ping normalizes after 12:00am and then goes high between 5am and 6am so not even a full 6 hours

It's been resolved for me and another person that also had this issue, every ping is back to normal so whoever mentioned the 12th of august thing was correct, thank you