cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN issues

ifu02522
Joining in

Since Monday 21st March I've been having serious issues with the speed to my laptop. The worst part of this is that I use my laptop to WFH through a citrix VDI. Often when using MS Team the calls are lagging and breaking. I have spoken to my IT helpdesk and they have suggested that it is an issue with the ISP (Virgin) dropping the signal. I have only recently moved to Virgin from Sky on the promise of better speeds. However, even though the speed to the router is higher than Sky, the speed to the actual devices throughout the home, is not. 

This is causing me a lot of issues and I'd like to understand if anyone has had similar issues and whether there is a route to resolve the issue. I don't want to cancel my contract, but right now the Virgin Broadband is not useable. 

Please Help. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

ifu02522
Joining in

I noticed on one of the other topics on this forum that it was mentioned that Virgin have changed the wifi settings on the Hub 3. Is this the case? Can someone from Virgin confirm this and provide a resolution to potential issues? 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ifu02522

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂 

Thank you for making your first post regarding the speed issues you are experiencing, I apologise for the disruption this has caused to your Teams calls. That is not ideal at all.

Are you connecting your laptop via wired ethernet connection or over WiFi? What speed are you getting when you connect via ethernet cable? This will enable us to decipher if the issue lies with your WiFi or with the speeds being sent. 

Kind regard,

Serena