cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLT Packages not eligible to use Virgin Media WiFi Hotspots?

Mike6688
On our wavelength

So after speaking with customer services via chat they upgraded my package from the M100 to M350 with VOLT benefits as apparently they couldn't upgrade to M200 with the discounts I had applied and it would cost me £35 instead of the current £24 I was paying - I did in the end agree to pay an extra £4 a month as I was going up two packages in the deal to the M350 so I'm fine with this in the end.

However, I now can no longer access Virgin Media WiFi hotspots.  The Virgin Media connect app says 'it looks like you're ineligible to use Virgin Media wifi - sorry but your broadband service isn't eligible'

Do the VOLT packages not have access to the public WiFi hotspots?  I find this disappointing if so, it seems we gain a benefit but lose another?  

I've checked on the online account to ensure I was still opting in to wifi hotspots and I'm still opted in. 

18 REPLIES 18

Hi @Bezzyboy thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're also having issues accessing hotspots.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Mike6688

I can see you're liaising with my colleague, so I will leave you in his capable hands.

Regards

Lee

Getting the same here since VOLT activated!

Screenshot_20211031-130449_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

 Yeah same

Hi @irishnutjar and @Bobbl3s,

I'm very sorry to hear you've been having this issue. Is this ongoing for you today?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

@Zach_R new profile download seems to have done the trick! Thanks

Mike6688
On our wavelength

All working fine now here after updating and re-downloading the profile, thank you

Bobbl3s
On our wavelength

All appears to be working fine now, thankyou

I’ve done nothing - but it now seems to be working!