cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLT Packages not eligible to use Virgin Media WiFi Hotspots?

Mike6688
On our wavelength

So after speaking with customer services via chat they upgraded my package from the M100 to M350 with VOLT benefits as apparently they couldn't upgrade to M200 with the discounts I had applied and it would cost me £35 instead of the current £24 I was paying - I did in the end agree to pay an extra £4 a month as I was going up two packages in the deal to the M350 so I'm fine with this in the end.

However, I now can no longer access Virgin Media WiFi hotspots.  The Virgin Media connect app says 'it looks like you're ineligible to use Virgin Media wifi - sorry but your broadband service isn't eligible'

Do the VOLT packages not have access to the public WiFi hotspots?  I find this disappointing if so, it seems we gain a benefit but lose another?  

I've checked on the online account to ensure I was still opting in to wifi hotspots and I'm still opted in. 

18 REPLIES 18

kelvin535846
Tuning in

I’m wondering exactly the same thing… I just had Volt benefits activated on VM and O2 accounts and now am seeing this message come up in the Virgin Media Connect App. It’s annoying enough that the app doesn’t work with my new Hub4 but now to lose access to Virgin hotspots as well? 

8EC1FFFD-A63E-479A-AF06-AB5E19604C67.png

That's the exact same as I'm getting on the app too.  Hopefully someone can answer soon if we should have lost access or not. Hopefully just an error!

Hi @kelvin535846,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear that you're having this issue with access to Wi-Fi Hotspots. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments to obtain some additional info. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Mike6688,

I am so sorry to hear you're also experiencing this same issue with your Wi-Fi Hotspot access.

I'll be sending you a private message in a few moments so I can take some details from you to get this looked into. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Mike6688
On our wavelength

Thank you Zach, I've now replied to your private message

I’m facing the same issues.

Did you guys managed to get it fixed ??

Mike6688
On our wavelength

Hi MrPips,

not fixed yet - but Zack above has private messaged us for our account details to look into it. I’ll let you know if anything changes. 

Bezzyboy
Joining in

Hi I'm getting exactly the same message on the app.

Anyone managed to get this resolved?

Mike6688
On our wavelength

Nope, still the same message here. I’ve been trying it on another phone as there was a suggestion on Twitter support it might iPhone blocking something with new privacy features. But still having the same issue.